Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Engineer – Upto £60k + bonus
Rheinmetall BAE Systems Land
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Reporting to the Vetronics Manager within the Engineering Department. This role is suitable for an experienced Electrical / Electronics Engineer with a good demonstrable knowledge of EMC design standards and their application in real world projects. The work involves working closely with military equipment design engineers (electrical and mechanical) and other stakeholders (Customers and Suppliers) liaising with internal departments including Engineering Management, Project Management, Mechanical Design, Purchasing, MED and Operations.
This role can be based from either our Telford or Washington site and has a hybrid working pattern.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The role will provide support to the RBSL EMC Function with particular focus on the following duties and responsibilities:-
- Providing a technical focus and point of contact for design engineers, suppliers and Customers (i.e. MOD) on all EMC related issues during all phases of the product lifecycle
- EMC requirements assessment and capture for sub-systems and Platforms (e.g. Def Stan 59-411 and 61-5)
- EMC risk assessment and mitigations at component, sub-system and Platform level
- Developing EMC solutions for sub-systems and Platforms
- Technical bid response preparation
- Producing and reviewing EMC documentation for sub-systems and Platforms (e.g. control plans, test plans, test reports)
- EMC trials planning, execution, reporting and liaising with external EMC Test Houses
- Providing test resource capability for onsite EMC testing of sub-systems and Platforms
- Maintaining, developing and upgrading on-site EMC test capabilities and equipment at Washington and Telford sites
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
Key aspects of the role will build upon the candidate’s basic knowledge of the following:-
- Electrical/electronic design techniques and relevant standards
- EMC principles (design and testing) and their application in the military Platform environment e.g. UK Def Stan 59-411, Mil Std 461.
- Specific areas of interest are listed below:-
- EMC requirements
- EMC design
- EMC documentation (e.g. test plans and reports)
- EMC test methods (sub-system and Platform)
- Earthing and shielding techniques
- Communications systems (e.g. Bowman)
- Sub-system and Platform power supply requirements e.g. UK Def Stan 61-5 (Part 6)
Qualifications:- Ideally Degree level in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or similar
Other skills:- Familiar with MS Office applications
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
Our employees receive a competitive benefits package and work for a growth organisations that offers great opportunities for personal development and career advancement. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme and Cycle2work. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.