Electrical Engineer (Byron) Sign-on Bonuses Available
At Constellation, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Constellation will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Constellation and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 200 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Constellation!
*****************This Engineering role can be filled at Entry-level, Mid-level or Senior Engineer level. Please see minimum qualifications list below for each level***********************************< /b>
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for performing engineering and technical tasks, under general supervision, in support of nuclear plant operations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Perform engineering and technical tasks as assigned by supervision applying general engineering principles. (5%)
- Assure all engineering products prepared are in accordance with applicable safety analyses, industry codes, engineering specifications and all regulatory requirements. (5%)
- Participate in the development and implementation of effective processes and techniques at appropriate levels of detail and in compliance with established policies and procedures. (5%)
- Recommend format and methodology improvements to standard processes and procedures. (5%)
- Performs intermediate and routine engineering technical tasks requiring broad engineering/technical experience.
- Works independently with broad supervisory review.
- Must be able to collect data from the field and incorporate the information and data into applicable databases and documents.
- Prepare engineering analysis under minimum supervision.
- Has some latitude to make technical decisions within accountabilities.
- Department Specific Roles/Responsibilities:
- Plant Engineering: Support development of complex troubleshooting plans in support of plant operations. Monitor, assess and improve the performance and reliability of plant systems and components. Utilize system indicators to monitor equipment performance or degradation. Identify and pursue material condition improvements, including predictive and performance centered maintenance optimization. Support engineering functions.
- Design Engineering: Defend the plant design and licensing basis. Preparation and approval of design outputs and plant changes in accordance with approved processes and design requirements. Support installation and testing of plant systems and components and facility changes. Ensure the plant's physical and functional characteristics are accurately reflected in the plant documents. Perform engineering analysis to support plant changes.
- Programs Engineering: Monitor, enhance, and implement technical programs. Identify, schedule and oversee code and regulatory inspections per technical program requirements. Support field execution of programmatic inspections. Prepare required analysis and program documents to support inspection scopes.
- Engineering Services: Support development of engineering budgets, business planning and projects. Support configuration control of engineering records (calculations, design changes). Support engineering programs and functions. Support engineering department scheduling, equipment databases and corrective action program.
- NOAD: Analyze issues involved with corrective and predictive maintenance on process computer and control systems, implement improvements as required. Analyze issues involved with corrective and predictive maintenance on protective relays and associated circuits. implement improvements as required. Analyze issues involved with corrective and predictive maintenance on power instruments, implement improvements as required. Analyze issues involved with corrective and predictive maintenance on exciters and voltage regulator equipment, implement improvements as required. Perform Electrical Construction testing for modifications and new installations of electrical equipment and associated circuits. Provide technical expertise on troubleshooting electrical equipment. Provide technical expertise on maintaining, improving and troubleshooting generators, voltage regulators and motors.
- Dry Cask Storage: Provides technical analysis on the design bases of dry cask storage (DCS) systems. Applies fleet configuration control processes to DCS activities. Prepares / reviews documents required by 10CFR72 regulations. Supports common resolutions to fleet DCS issues and develops resolution for plant-specific issues. Participates in oversight / audits of vendor engineering and fabrication activities.
- Safety Analysis Support: Maintains appropriate level of knowledge of safety analyses and methodologies. Provides interface function between corporate Engineering Safety Analysis and the site. Reviews design and licensing basis documents to support plant changes. Performs tasks that support Engineering Safety Analysis areas of responsibility, including development of fuel reload and safety analysis input parameter listings.
- EIS Metallurgical and Shop Support Engineer – Perform failure analysis and root cause analysis to identify cause of component failure and document findings in technical report. Characterize material composition and mechanical properties to identify materials. Create welding documentation and technical procedures in accordance with established procedures, processes, standard and regulatory requirements. Oversees, support and lead technical aspects of various shop overhaul work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS for Entry Level E01 Engineer – New Graduate< /p>
- E1- B.S in Engineering
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS for Mid-level E02 Engineer
- B.S. in Engineering and 2+ years Nuclear or related engineering experience
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS for Senior E03 Engineer< /p>
- B.S. in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer and 5+ years engineering experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS for all levels
- Professional Engineer Registration< /span>
- Advanced technical degree or related coursework
- Commercial Nuclear Power Plant Experience
Constellation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor