Doble Engineering Company
We are seeking a motivated and experienced High Voltage Tank Assembler to join our team. As part of our team, you construct and manufacture High Voltage tanks. You follow blueprints, determine material measurements, and take responsibility for fabricating parts used in later assembly processes. Work hours are Monday through Thursday with ten hour shifts. Fridays are off. Training provided.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plan proper sequence of tasks to complete the assignment.
- Read and deciphers schematic, blueprints, and assembly instructions.
- Position or align components and parts manually or with hoists.
- Use hand tools or machines to assemble parts.
- Conduct quality control checks.
- Prepare work to be accomplished by studying parts lists and gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Position parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Read and follow electrical schematics.
- Crimp and solder wires and cables.
- Lay out and mount components on panels and in enclosures.
- Determines sizing and routing of wires and cables to be used in high voltage tanks.
- Determines wire and cable wrapping and insulating needs.
- Determines voltage clearance requirements inside of this voltage tanks.
- Install high voltage bushings.
- Clean components and tanks and operate vacuum and oil processing equipment.
- Resolve assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Conserve materials by minimizing waste.
- Check output for quality assurance and documents or discards defects.
- Maintain inventory of completed products.
- Identify and perform machine maintenance and minor repairs.
- Follow safety regulations such as wearing protective face coverings/glasses, gloves, and safety shoes.
- Maintain a safe and clean workstation.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Ability to make decisions with given responsibilities of the job scope.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of required level of education.
- 2 years of assembly experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with machine tools or mechanical assembly.
- Proficiency in math.
- Working knowledge of safety protocols.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven, fast-paced team environment.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE (Not Required):
- Formal apprenticeship or vocational training as an assembler is preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
Read the full posting.
Doble Engineering Company
123 Felton Street
Massachusetts United States
From the same organization