Distribution System Planning Engineer 3
Southern California Edison
Santa Ana, CA
Become a Distribution System Planning Engineer 3at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you'll The Distribution System Planning Engineer 3will work within the Distribution Planning group, responsible for the long-term planning development and implementation of the distribution system. The Distribution System Planning Engineer 3will support the development of the Distribution Substation Plan (DSP) and the implementation and sponsorship of distribution projects enabling growth and Distributed Energy Resources (DER). This position will help reduce carbon emissions, create cleaner air, as well as ensure a reliable Transmission and Distribution System.
As a Distribution System Planning Engineer 3, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Perform detailed DSP analysis and studies as required to determine the need and/or requirements for capital projects to enhance the grid. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Identification and planning of new circuitry and substation upgrades
- Load flow studies
- Work independently to support the prioritization of new distribution projects, development of regulatory filings, and support of Distribution Engineering
- Support the development of the load forecast, including the disaggregation of the Integrated Energy Policy Report (IEPR)
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers as a subject matter expert for the distribution system
- Support and lead the development, interpretation, and application of existing/new engineering standards and designs
- Maintain a safety conscious work environment by following Edison's safety protocols and safe work practices in addition to providing support with all other duties assigned
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering
- Five (5) or more years of engineering experience
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering with an emphasis in Power Systems.
- Experience using power system engineering analysis tools such as GE PSLF, Cyme, and/or CAPE.
- Experience with power distribution systems and related equipment
- Experience in the area related to power system engineering analysis, including applicable regulations, standards, codes, and analysis software
- Experience analyzing and solving engineering problems and making sound decisions
- Experience performing technical/engineering research to perform thorough and objective analysis and to reach logical and defendable conclusions
- Experience preparing detailed engineering studies and reports
- Knowledge of electrical engineering principles and practices
- Experience using Microsoft office suite
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to explain complex technical concepts and deliver technical presentations to both a technical and non-technical audience, including external customers
- Ability to influence others and maintain positive working relationships
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a manner which results in win-win solutions for all the parties involved
- Ability to stay current with relevant technology and innovation
- Strong ethics and the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning
- Experience with Transmission and/or Distribution System Planning
Southern California Edison
P.O. Box 800
From the same organization