Distribution System Operator System
Under limited supervision, performs complex duties involving operation of the SRP Electric System. Has full responsibility and authority to take reasonable action necessary to ensure safe, reliable electric system operations and alleviate operating emergencies.
- Direct switching of facilities, issue clearances and hold tags to field personnel in compliance with SRP procedures and safety practices.
- Collect, log and record electric system data, prepare operating reports and historical records.
- Communicate with field operations personnel by radio and telephone.
- Supervise, monitor and control all necessary equipment for the safe, reliable and appropriate loading of the SRP Electric System.
- Notify proper personnel for the resolution / repair of the electric system lines and equipment.
- Respond to emergencies communicated from field operations personnel.
- Serve as a representative of SRP with interconnected companies and neighboring utilities involving immediate and/or long-range operating issues.
- Provide and maintain real-time outage information communicated to customers.
- Work with other divisions and departments within SRP to ensure an efficient, cooperative maintenance and construction program.
- Provide On-the-Job Training (OJT) and mentoring for new DOC Distribution System Operators
- Support DOC by contributing to the development, review and updating of the operating policies and procedures used in DOC.
- Other duties as assigned.
See additional information.
DSO I: Entry level (see Additional Information)
DSO II: Completion of the DSO I Training Program and successful completion of all required progressionary assignments and assessments.
DSO Senior: Minimum 1.5 years experience as a DSO II and successful completion of all required progressionary assignments and assessments.
Certifications or Testing Required
This job requires a passing score for the EEI System Operator/Power Dispatcher (SOPD II) aptitude test which is to be administered on site during the pre-employment process.
Minimum qualifications for Distribution System Operator I:
High school diploma or GED plus completion of one or more of the following:
- Completion of an appropriate apprenticeship plus 4 years of experience as an Electrical Journey worker or DOC Operations Specialist
- Completion of a training program in Power Plant Operations plus 4 years of experience as an Operations Specialist (Control Room Operator)
- Two years of experience as an Electric System Operator or Dispatcher.
Be on-call and available to respond to electric system emergencies.
Ability to work rotating shifts for 24/7 coverage.
Ability to perform duties precisely despite frequent interruptions by radio, telephone, alarms and co-workers.
Act in a professional manner at all times, serving as a representative working in the best interest of SRP and its customers.
Requisition ID: 15189
Arizona United States
From the same organization