DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
San Francisco, CA
Company descriptionAs a women owned and led organic produce distributor with nearly 50 years of experience, Veritable Vegetable purchases, transports and supplies the highest quality organic fruits and vegetables on the market. We actively improve the sustainable food system by supporting organic farmers, increasing access to fresh produce, strengthening communities and cultivating a fair and dynamic workplace. What makes us unique is our commitment to running the business based on values rather than the bottom line. We believe in using the power of business to solve social and environmental challenges and have been certified as a B Corporation. Our company culture stresses high integrity relationships, quality produce, minimal environmental impact and active involvement in the community.Job description
Our Director of Human Resources is a Senior Management Team Member of a values-driven social enterprise and works closely with all department managers to educate, coach and train in issues related to employee relations, leadership development and workplace compliance.
We’re looking for an experienced HR professional well-versed in developing, implementing, and managing systems to ensure fair, consistent, and legal employment practices in hiring, development, retention, and the health and safety of all VV staff.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Provides advice and consultation to managers, supervisors and staff in the area of employee relations, including matters related to performance management, corrective action and/or discipline.
- Manages the administration of worker’s compensation according to State guidelines; partners with management to champion and promote safety strategies.
- Finds creative ways to attract and source quality candidates, reviews and processes applications, interviews and makes compensation recommendations to VV hiring managers.
- Develops and oversees benefits programs, plans, policies, legal guidelines and best practices to ensure company’s benefits are competitive.
- Monitors and ensures company compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws, regulations, and recommended best practices; manages all staff leaves, reviews and modifies company policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Develops organizational strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues, contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to VV’s strategic thinking and direction.
- Assists in the current succession planning process, helping the company implement and transition to an alternative ownership model.
- Collaborates with the company’s Finance Department to support accurate payroll processes; collaborates with the company’s Training Manager on planning and execution of staff trainings.
- Appreciation for the principles of sustainable agriculture and alignment with VV’s core values and mission as a social enterprise.
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contributions to the business goals while remaining cost sensitive.
- Expert in the tools of the trade within human resources including HRIS,the Microsoft Office suite of products, file management, and benefits administration.
- Ability to build strong partnerships quickly, exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Experience with logistics and DOT compliance issues highly desirable.
- Experience with succession planning highly desirable.
- Experience with payroll processes and transitions highly desirable.
- 5-7 years of progressively more responsible positions in human resources, preferably in the food and transportation industry.
- Experience supervising and managing a professional staff.
- Experience as a trusted resource and member of a senior-level executive team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Communications, or related field required, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Paychex Flex, ADP or similar payroll management experience preferred.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Health and dental, plus life insurance and long-term disability
- Reimbursement program for vision, acupuncture, massage, and chiropractor, plus yoga and gym
- Employee Assistance Programs for counseling at low, or no cost
- 401(k) plan with 4% match in socially responsible mutual funds
- Section 125 pre-tax Cafeteria plan (FSA)
- Referral bonuses up to $5k
- Flexible holiday and leave policies
- Infant support benefits
- Commuter reimbursement
- Free organic meals and snacks
- Lost cost access to organic fruits, vegetables, and fresh juices
- Boot reimbursement for warehouse staff and drivers
- Incentives for voting in elections
- Extensive in-house training
Salary Range: $95,000 – $110,000/annually
Schedule: Full time. Day time flex schedule. 75-90% on site.
Compensationthis position is : salaried, more than 100k
Application instructionsPlease click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free!DeadlineApril 01, 2023