Development Summer Intern
City of Centerville Employment
Summer Economic Development Intern
The City of Centerville, a “warm and cheerful” community with a population of approximately 24,000 located southeast of Dayton in Montgomery County has an exciting opportunity for an internship position with the Development department. The Economic Development Intern will assist the economic development director and development staff with the City economic development strategy, and growth and retention of businesses within the City. Interested students pursuing a degree in public administration, planning, political science, business, or related field are encouraged to apply. The Intern will work a flexible schedule (up to 40 hours/week) from May-August 2023.
- Works on projects supporting business development, and engaging stakeholders.
- Creates marketing materials for business attraction efforts.
- Assists with development programs relating to business outreach and retention.
- Aids in strategic development programs including Uptown Centerville and Centerville Place.
- Provides general program support for the Development Department and Economic Development Division.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
- Upholds the City’s mission, vision, and values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of at least two (2) years of college or university coursework with a major public administration, planning, political science, business, or related field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Prior co-op experience is preferred.
Pay rate: $13.00-17.00 per hour.
Position will be open until filled. Submit a resume and/or an application for consideration. Click on Step-1 image below to complete the (optional) employment application. Then click on Step-2 image to complete the applicant information and upload the resume and/or completed employment application and any related documents.
Equal Opportunity Employer