Deckhand/NaturalistAlaska Travel Adventures
Alaska Travel Adventures
Work as a Deckhand on our state-of-the-art whale-watching vessels in beautiful Juneau, Alaska! Become a naturalist and teach others about whales and other ocean life.
- 3-7 month work commitments are available starting in mid April and going through mid October
- $15/hr + tips
- 10% end of season performance bonus
- Employee housing program
As a deckhand you will assist customers in a friendly, professional manner as they board and disembark the vessel, secure and release the vessel from the dock, participate in mandatory safety drills and maintain an emergency station billet. You should be in good physical condition and prepared to work in inclement weather. Current CPR/First Aid certification, pre-employment drug testing and enrollment in a random testing pool required.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Providing pre-trip safety briefing for the guests & operation of a safe tour
- Daily cleaning and maintenance of all equipment & sanitary food/beverage service
- Learning the information necessary to deliver an entertaining and informed narrative during the tour including flora, fauna, and natural history of the area with a focus on whales and other marine mammals
- Creating a positive, professional culture and work environment
- Understanding and compliance with company safety & operational policies