Dean, College of Education and Health Professions
Park Universityinvites applications and nominations for the position of Dean of College of Education and Health Professionsfrom candidates who will bring visionary leadership, strategic thinking, creative planning, and an effective management style to address the opportunities and challenges that accompany the College’s operations.
Reporting to the provost, the dean is the chief administrative, fiscal, and academic officer of the College of Education and Health Professions. The dean is also responsible for implementing the College’s policies and procedures in concert with the University’s policies, and serves on the provost’s leadership team. The dean has responsibility for the strategic, programmatic, financial, fundraising, and management operations that support the mission of the College and its role within the University.
The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader with a management style that supports the College’s diverse and geographically dispersed educational operation. Duties include:
- Assuring the quality and relevance of academic programs within the College by playing a key oversight role in program accreditation, annual and comprehensive program review, and other processes that are important for continuous improvement of the College’s activities
- Developing new programs online, hybrid, and face-to-face to advance the mission of the University and to serve the needs of its constituents
- Establishing and implementing strategic plans for the College, and providing leadership to faculty and program leaders to help achieve stated goals
- Seeking community support for the College’s programs through advisory councils, fundraising, and civic engagement
- Hiring, orienting, developing, and evaluating faculty and academic program leaders
- Establishing and meeting student recruitment, retention, and enrollment targets
- Managing the resources and personnel of the College effectively
- Contributing to the effective operations of the Office of Academic Affairs through participation on the Deans Council and through special projects
- Communicating and collaborating with other Colleges to promote the good of the University
- Establishing partnerships and pursuing external opportunities to promote programs in the College
- Promoting cross-departmental collaboration within the College
The University seeks an innovative, dynamic, and visionary leader for the College of Education and Health Professions. The candidate must have strong academic leadership experience, a commitment to excellence, and a willingness to represent the College to internal and external constituencies. Other qualifications include:
- A terminal degree in one of the core, or closely related, disciplines housed in the College
- 5 + years administrative experience equivalent to the level of Department Chair, or above
- Significant experience with program-specific accreditation processes
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent project management and leadership skills
- Experience developing external partnerships
- Experience with budgeting and resource allocation
- Experience with strategic planning
- Commitment to liberal arts education
Park welcomes those applicants who are high-energy and innovative, who value diversity, and who are eager to make a difference in the lives of our students.
Park University offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including health and life insurance, a retirement plan, and tuition paid undergraduate classes for employees and dependents.
The College of Education and Health Professions is one of three Colleges at Park University (alongside the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and the College of Management).
The College comprises two Schools, the School of Education and the School of Behavioral and Health Professions. These Schools offer undergraduate programs in Education, Nursing, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, and Sport and Exercise Science; and graduate programs in Education, Social Work, and Instructional Organizational Psychology.
The College also offers undergraduate certificates in Diversity and Social Justice and Industrial Organizational Psychology.
Nationwide, approximately 1600 students have a declared major in the College.
Park University is a private, independent, nonprofit masters-level institution serving more than 7,500 students nationally each semester through its flagship campus in Parkville, Missouri, 39 campus center locations across the country, and robust online program. Courses are offered on-ground, online, and blended, in 8-week and 16-week formats.
Beyond the Parkville Campus, the University has three additional campuses in the Kansas City area: Downtown Kansas City, Missouri, Independence, Missouri, and Lenexa, Kansas – as well as 31 campuses on military installations across the country that serve all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces. In addition, the University opened its second residential branch campus in Gilbert, Arizona, in 2018.
Park offers numerous degree programs online, and maintains a longstanding relationship with the U.S. military. Since 2009, Park has received international recognition by various military-related publications as a top military-friendly college/ university.
Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging applications from women and minorities. The University will recruit and employ qualified personnel and will provide equal opportunities during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a qualified protected veteran.
To learn even more about Park University, the College of Management and this opportunity please review the Position Profile.If the direct link doesn’t work in this advertisement, please go to our website at https://eflassociates.cbiz.com/and click on Open Positions and Higher Education.
How to apply
EFL Associateshttps://eflassociates.cbiz.com), an executive search firm, is assisting Park Universitywith its search for this important leadership position. All calls and inquiries should be made through the search firm. Nominations and applications will be held in strict confidence and candidates will remain confidential until the final stage of the search; at which time, the express permission of finalists will be obtained before making their candidacy public.
STEP 1: Complete a brief online application (2-3 minutes):
STEP 2: Send us your résumé or curriculum vitae (In lieu of a cover letter, additional information may be requested.):
- Send in PDF formatplease
- Send to [email protected]
- Email subject line should read – ” Park Univ – CEHP Application“
- Application deadline is April 3, 2023
- Semi-finalist Interviews are tentatively scheduled for April 25-26, 2023
- Campus interviews are tentatively scheduled mid May 2023
- The desired start date is July 2023, but is negotiable
Steve Waldron, JD
VP & Managing Director, Higher Education Practice
Email: [email protected]
NOMINATIONS & APPLICATION QUESTIONS
If you would like to provide a nomination, please email all pertinent information (name, email address and phone number of the nominee) to:
Project Manager, Higher Education Practice
Email: [email protected]
Park University is an independent, private institution of higher education based in Parkville, Missouri. Established in 1875 as a small religiously-affiliated college, it has now expanded into an electronic learning institution and provider of education courses for the U.S. military.