Deal Desk Analyst or Senior
American Electric Power
Job ID 36775BR
This is a Hybrid role going into corporate headquarters office location in downtown Columbus, OH x2 days a week (Wed & Thurs, though subject to change), and on an as needed basis therefore, must reside within driving distance of geographic location. This single vacancy is posted in more than one grade level and will be filled based on commensurate education and/or relevant experience. It is written at the lower grade level and expectations increase with the higher grade level.
Efficiently enable the creation, evaluation and execution of large complex transactions which entail product offerings spanning multiple lines of business. Act in a lead role as a technical subject matter expert for the Desk, performing such tasks as analyzing customer energy usage and operations, assessing the current asset and load performance, and the optimal mix of potential applicable customer solutions. Provide technical, financial, and market analysis related to the development of strategic transactions, identification of potential customers, as well as benchmarking and maintaining measurements of deal performance. Responsible for supporting the Deal Desk Manager with ongoing management of the renewable energy PPA's purchases as well as renewable energy sales to marquee customers. Interfaces with internal stakeholders such as Business Unit Leadership, Structuring, Risk Management, Credit, Legal including regulatory, Accounting, and Market Risk, etc., as well as external customers when needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & TASKS:
- Strong Excel skills are required.
- Read and understand complex contracts associated with renewable power purchases as well as renewable power sales.
- Independently perform detailed analysis and investigate internal and external market conditions and technologies to support recommendations on markets, competitors, trends, etc.
- Consult AEP Energy, AEP Energy Partners, AEP Renewables, and AEP OnSite Partners sales/business development in the proper representation of non-standard deal details, returns, and risks to upper management and oversight functions, including presentation preparation, in an effort to streamline approval and closing process.
- Reporting and analysis of forecasted and actual deal performance, by leveraging existing tools and building new models. Incorporate asset performance and percentage of potential margin capture as appropriate.
- Coordinate with Middle Office desks and technical experts in other departments to facilitate transaction valuation, analysis and risk booking, in order to expedite execution and properly reflect margin across segments. Evaluate custom deal risk premiums and operational costs. Lead or facilitate asset specific deal risks from construction, to performance, to asset life as needed.
- Analyze and evaluate financial and physical commodity (gas, power, emissions, renewable energy credits) positions and other pertinent data associated with complex deals, as well as any embedded real asset contractual optionality.
- Advise and train junior Deal Desk team members as necessary.
- Comply with regulatory requirements, including but not limited to Sarbanes Oxley and Dodd Frank. Adhere to all company risk and compliance standards.
- Provide support or ad-hoc analysis to other groups with minimal supervision.
- Help foster a culture of creative problem solving and solutions development.
American Electric Power
1 Riverside Plaza
Ohio United States
From the same organization