Customer Service Assistant-I
We are currently seeking Customer Service Assistants to join our team at either our Allentown, PA or Scranton, PA locations (there is also remote work). In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, this position pay an hourly rate of $18.308. This position is a union position. Hired candidates will be part of Local 1600 IBEW.
The Customer Service Assistant I handles residential customer contacts related to payment arrangements, start/stop service, and other such transactions using automated step-through systems.
- Arranges payment plans with residential customers and process transactions related to start/stop service and other such transactions using automated step-through systems.
- Contacts residential customers for collection/reminder purposes and provides referrals to customer assistance programs.
- Operates related office equipment to access, process and refer customer information related to this job.
- Performs follow-up work related to credit and collection for residential customers, start/stop service and customer assistance programs.
- Processes payments.
- Performs back-office duties such as:
- General account maintenance to ensure accurate and current information
- Payment assistance follow-up (PUC decisions)
- Payment agreement email responses
- Residential dunning
- Faxed or mailed requests to start/stop service.
- Handles power problem related contacts during normal hours.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Ability to understand and follow procedures and written instructions.
- Ability to exercise tact, courtesy and good judgment in contacts with customers.
- Ability to effectively read, write and speak the English language.
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Ability to use standard office equipment.
- Successful completion of entrance testing as follows: call center simulation (LIMRA); data entry, clerical skills, and the G-Neil Job Family 3
- Minimum of three (3) years of call center experience.
- College degree or completion of college coursework.
Two N Ninth St
Pennsylvania United States
From the same organization