Corporate Credit Analyst
Horizon Farm Credit
*One position available. Qualified candidate may sit in the Mount Joy, PA, Mechanicsburg, PA, Westminster, MD or Winchester, VA branch location.
Position Description: Accurately and efficiently analyzes and underwrites participation interests in sound loans or leases to large agricultural operations, agribusinesses or similar entities from or to other capital market lenders according to Association and District policies, standards and procedures. Also assists local service area loan officers and credit analysts in originating, underwriting or servicing large agricultural or agribusiness loans. Promotes related services, participates in business development and public relations activities, and maintains a favorable Farm Credit image.
Areas of Responsibility include but not limited to:
- Based on Size, Scope, and Risk in the overall credit facility; complete the following:
- Analyze financial information – accurately complete historical trends, pro-forma projections, debt repayment schedules, consolidations, stress testing, Probability of Default and Loss Given Default source and use tables, commodity worksheets, and any other necessary schedules, worksheets, and/or template tools available to adequately support the overall credit recommendation.
- Prepare a professional, independent loan narrative that provides a strong summary of the financial analysis, addressing the applicable five C’s of credit, highlighting credit strengths and documenting weaknesses to support the credit recommendation. The analysis may be shared with other Banks, Associations, Federal Regulators, or outside reviewers.
- Continue to study and be familiar with internal and external credit practices, loan products, and compliance standards to ensure sound and eligible credit recommendations are being completed.
- Actively collaborate with Lending Staff to finalize credit recommendations.
- Actively collaborate with Finance / Processors to ensure effective processes are in place for positive loan processing and closing results.
- Obtain proper delegated authority approval on credit recommendations.
- Quality review your work; ensure PD/LGD ratings are accurate, loan structure, and covenants are appropriate given the Size, Scope, and Risk.
- Effectively manage loan underwriting pipeline and meet targeted turnaround time for loan decisions. Maintain high level of communication with lending and operations.
- Monitor accounts for compliance to loan covenants and other on-going conditions of the loan approval. Verifies assets and debts when necessary, by using technology and resources available.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Agriculture, Economics, or Finance.
- Generally, five to eight years of credit analysis/underwriting experience preferred.
- Proficient interpersonal relations.
- A thorough knowledge of agricultural or commercial lending and related financial products and services and selling skills.
- Superior analytical and computer skills.
- Effective group presentation skills.
- Demonstrates leadership as a mentor, trainer, and credit resources to less experienced staff.
- May lead association initiatives and is a known resources across the association.
Equal Opportunity Employer including veterans and individuals with disabilities.