COOKING CAMP OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
Bliss Belly Kitchen
Company descriptionBLISS BELLY KITCHEN is a sustainable vegetarian school of yoga and cooking for children. To learn more about our mission, our impact and our award-winning programs, please visit our website at: www.blissbellykitchen.com. Job description
Yoga of Cooking Operations Director
BLISS BELLY KITCHEN Yoga of Cooking Summer Camp
Dates of Position: Part Time during school year (September – May), Part time to Full Time 8 weeks in the summer (June and July)
Position Hours: 10-20 hours per month during the school year (September – May); 20 – 40 hours per week between 8:00 am and 4 pm during summer camp (June and July)
This job is perfect for a credentialed school teacher looking for a summer opportunity or an experienced camp counselor looking to step into a leadership role!
BLISS BELLY KITCHEN is a sustainable vegetarian school of yoga and cooking for children. To learn more about our mission, our impact and our award-winning programs, please visit our website at: www.blissbellykitchen.com.
- Search for camp venues in new cities and coordinate site rental agreements with venue hosts
- Advertise camps through various media and represent BBK at camp fairs.
- Operate camp registration software and create camp rosters
- Create an annual operating budget and oversee camp expenditures.
- Set up survey and feedback systems for both parents and staff and analyze data with the goal of continually improving BBK programing
- Maintain outward facing communication to parents, including confirmation and welcome letters and create a weekly newsletter highlighting camp activities.
- Respond promptly to parent and staff questions and concerns.
- Handle any grievances from parents / staff in a kind and professional manner.
- Meet weekly with Site Directors to ensure camps are running smoothly.
- Recruit and hire staff
- Oversee staff training and onboarding
- Oversee all summer camp sites
- Train, manage, and support Site Directors
- Clearly communicate camp procedures and expectations to Site Directors and staff
- Manage staff payroll systems
- Ensure that staff are FoodSafe and First Aid certified prior to the first day of work and that they are reimbursed for training costs.
- Ensure that all sites are in adherence to safety guidelines and emergency protocols
- Run staff trainings in cooperation with Site Directors
- Able to step in and teach hands-on culinary skills, yoga, and, mindfulness if necessary
- May also serve as a Site Director
Required Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years of management and/or director experience
- 3+ years of experience working with children in a school or camp setting.
- Able to calmly and confidently make decisions in a fast-paced environment while maintaining good humor and professionalism.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in education, social sciences, or a related field
- At least one year of experience teaching any of the following topics: cooking, yoga, science, gardening or outdoor education to elementary school aged youth
- Reliable transportation to travel to/from various camp locations.
- Ability to carry equipment, do sun salutations, yoga poses, and play active games with campers
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, sit, walk, twist and turn, and lift 25 pounds.
- First Aid Certified (reimbursed)
- ServSafe Food Handler Certified (reimbursed)
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- You're a great home cook!
- Knowledge of farmers markets, sustainable cooking practices, breathing, yoga and meditation
A background check by a Live Scan service provider will be required before the hiring process can be finalized.
Compensationthis position is : hourly, $20/hr +
Application instructionsPlease click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free!DeadlineMarch 27, 2023