Control Systems Engineer
CenterPoint Energy, Inc.
CenterPoint Energyis looking for aControl Systems Engineer (I-III) to join ourELECTRIC OPERATIONS TEAM, located in Evansville, Indiana.
You will have the ability to:Engineer is responsible for the continuous support of Energy Management System (EMS) and Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA)modeling and applications. Develops or enhances applications to provide new functionalities for Distribution Dispatching and Real-time Operations (RTO) in the control center. Works with other engineers and analyst on the development and maintenance of CNP electric network models. Support field changes and new construction to accurately model the power system.
We want you to know
CenterPoint Energy and its predecessor companies have been in business for more than 150 years. Our vision to lead the nation in delivering energy, service and value drives our strategy and performance. We have an unwavering commitment to safely and reliably deliver electricity and natural gas to millions of people.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Work with Operators, Analysts and Engineers to research, develop, and implement enhancements to the Energy Management System (EMS) and Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA), and other electric control center automation systems.
- Work with EMS/SCADA vendors to modify, implement and document application changes.
- Define specifications, design and test applications to ensure that they meet changing functional requirements .
- Provide detailed electrical power grid analysis information in diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving problems with the EMS/SCADA applications.
- Support RTU configuration and testing.
- Diagnose bad data and recommend solutions
- Diagnose and solve SCADA control problems
- Create and maintain the EMS/SCADA Realtime and Maintenance databases for a Linux based EMS/SCADA system
- Schedule with substation field crews to implement new RTUs in the SCADA database when field construction has been completed
- Support the development and maintenance of the EMS network model
- Test the EMS network model and software changes to ensure that network applications produce consistent and credible results.
- Work with Operators and other Engineers in analyzing power grid operation scenarios for secure and reliable operations.
- Provide post-event analysis support by utilizing EMS/SCADA applications.
CenterPoint Energy, Inc.
1111 Louisiana St
Texas United States
From the same organization