Control & Electrical Technician
A Control and Electrical Technician (CET) repairs plant instrumentation and control systems under the direction of a maintenance supervisor. Candidate is qualified to install, modify, adjust, maintain, diagnose, troubleshoot and repair (a) AC and DC electrical power and auxiliary supply equipment (low voltage and medium voltage), (b) pneumatic and hydraulic sensing, measuring and control equipment, (c) general electrical work, (d) data acquisition systems, coordinated control, supervisory, communications systems, telemetering and other control schemes in and associated with steam plant facilities. Candidate must have working knowledge of and be able to interpret drawings, specifications, and wiring diagrams. When assigned, candidate may direct and instruct trainees and helpers. With appropriate training may perform other maintenance functions as assigned.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must provide documented journeyman level experience, and pass a written test demonstrating journeyman level knowledge.
- Demonstrated academic courses in mathematics, electrical theory, and electronics.
- Knowledge of plant control systems such as turbine control computer, plant computer monitoring systems.
- Must be able, when necessary, to work rotating 12 hour shifts.
- Ability to test, repair and calibrate plant instruments and controls.
- Knowledge of computer software.
- Ability to instruct and train apprentices in maintenance of plan instrumentation and control systems
Req Id: 109595
825 NE Multnomah
Oregon United States
From the same organization