Contract Conformance Specialist
Job no: 55273ENBJP00021500
Our key client, one of North America’s largest natural gas and crude oil pipelines and nuclear power facilities distributors, is looking to add a Contract Conformance Specialist to their team.
Work Type: Hybrid (2 or 3 days in office)
Location: Houston, TX 77079
Work Hours: Mon-Fri; 8:00 am-4:30 pm
Duration: 1-year contract (with possible extension)
- The primary role is providing SCM expertise and support to internal auditing and compliance reviews. The program seeks to provide value-added recommendations to Management.
- Through the application of a systemic and disciplined approach and with adherence to professional standards, evaluate and recommend improvements to SCM processes and contracting strategies, control, and governance processes.
- As a member of the Operating Committee, provide input in the vendor selection process along with consultation with the internal audit and external auditors.
- Oversee the planning, assigning, reviewing, and monitoring of the Vendor Audit.
- Ensure the audit team is provided with contractual information for selected vendors and resolve any delays caused by vendors.
- Manage execution of the Vendor Audit and Contract Compliance (VACC) program in conjunction with Internal Audit and external auditors.
- Support validation of the audit findings and issuance of the audit report.
- Provide SCM support in contract information gathering and spending analysis.
- Coordinate efforts required from SCM tactical teams.
- Lead and/or support vendor negotiation for ensuring maximum recoveries possible are achieved.
- Identify and resolve complex issues and provide recommendations that add value.
- Conduct/assist in research and analysis of technical and best-practice standards.
- Responsible to implement process improvements identified as a result of the audit findings to ensure vendor performance improvement and compliance with contractual requirements.
- Develop a communication plan for socializing with internal stakeholders to provide insight into the program objectives and gain buy-in prior to execution of the audit.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 10 years of cumulative experience in Supply Chain, accounting, or related experience.
- Communicates and influences effectively.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required, including strong presentation skills.
- Proven advanced negotiation skills are required.
- Completion of an SCM-related professional certification, such as PMAC or ISM, is considered an asset.
Ian Martin PBC dba Raise is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. Ian Martin PBC dba Raise is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
Do let us know if you would like any accommodation regarding your application process or employment by calling 1-800-567-9675 or emailing [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you!
Closes in 25 days – 07 Apr 2023
Published on 08 Mar 2023, 6:00 PM