Construction Trainer at HMP Durham
The LTE Group is a national, public-sector learning, training and education organisation with a clearly defined mission to ‘improve lives and economic success through learning and skills’. Our valued 4,000 colleagues drive our delivery of specialist learning to over 100,000 learners in over 120 UK locations, across our six businesses.
We have a great opportunity to join the education team at HMP Durham as a Construction Trainer on a Permanent, full-time basis, working 37 hours per week.
At Novus we work with passion, care and commitment to create the foundations for change.
For almost 30 years we have been helping men, women and children of all ages and abilities, in prison settings across England and Wales, to take new directions.
The LTE Group family encompasses the strengths of each of our individual organisations:
The Manchester College – further education | UCEN Manchester – higher education |Novus – prison education |Total People – apprenticeships |MOL – professional development.
What the role entails
As the Construction Trainer you will work and be supported by our amazing team of dedicated professionals to mentor our learners to develop their practical construction skills which will, in turn, help them to secure employment opportunities post-release. You will need patience, passion and understanding in your approach to our learners who have ‘hit a bump in the road’ but want to learn and improve. Working in a prison is different to a mainstream education facility.
What we need from you
In order to be successful in the role Construction Trainer, you will need:
- Significant Construction service experience.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Having the ability to track and monitor leaners progress against course criteria.
- Have at least 2 years experience in the relevant vocational area
- Willing to gain Award in Education within 6 months
- Willing to gain the TAQA assessment qualification within probation
- Commitment to gain a subject-specific qualification to allow them to train to Level 3, within 2 years
- Commitment to gain an assessor award required by relevant Awarding Bodies, within one year
- Hold at least a Level 1 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy or be willing to commit to gaining the qualification(s) within 1 year
- Gain, hold and maintain a clean, enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
Ideally you will want to be a part of a team who has at its core a focus on improving lives and enabling and equipping learners to develop, grow and be equipped for a life of work and success. You’ll be a self-starter with a passion to learn and grow yourself and will bring passion, dedication and positivity to your new role.
As part of the LTE Group family, you will benefit from an excellent package including:
- Extensive annual leave circa 35 days depending on the contract type.
- In-house ‘Evolve’ training programme offers you the chance to upskill and further your career through a wide range of recognised qualifications.
- Career development opportunities.
- We pride ourselves on offering a favourable pension scheme with a competitive contribution from the Group.
- Discounts on your health care through Simply Health.
- Free, confidential support service provided by an external organisation, PAM Assist.
- Cycle to work scheme saving you 25% on your purchase.
- Access to lots of offers with well-known retailers.
The LTE Group is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community. If you feel you could make a difference in this rewarding and growing sector, please click on the ‘Apply online’ button below.
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the job description for shortlisting purposes.
The closing date for this job advert is 05/04/2023. However, the job advert may close early if we receive a good response.