Complex Human Resources Manager – Fairfield by Marriott New York Manhattan Times Square – New Yor
New York, NY
JOB TITLE: Complex Human Resources Manager
EMPLOYER: GEHR Hospitality New York Management LLC
LOCATION:Fairfield by Marriott Times Square & Four Points Midtown Times Square
REPORTS TO:General Manager and VP of Asset Management
SUMMARY: Coordinates human resources activities including but not limited to employment and employee relations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with administration of company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with stated corporate objectives and federal, state and local legal requirements.
- Recruits and interviews candidates; provides management with hiring recommendations.
- Coordinates programs to attract qualified candidates through the design and placement of position announcements, advertising, and/or participation in job fairs.
- Coordinates hiring process, including but not limited to conducting background and reference checks, and issuing job confirmation letters and other internal communication.
- Coordinates and/or conducts employee-relations activities and programs including but not limited to employee counseling, interpretation of policies, new employee orientation, and employee recognition programs.
- Conducts exit interviews with employees; communicates findings to management.
- Responds to inquiries regarding the organization's processes, policies, procedures, and programs.
- Conducts ongoing information and training sessions to develop employees and provide support and problem resolution.
- Coordinates distribution/communication of projects including but not limited to Employee Policy handbook, benefits open enrollment, and employee recognition.
- Identifies potential employee-relations issues and makes recommendations to management.
- Conducts investigations into claims of harassment or other company-guideline violations.
- Coordinates administration of workers' compensation and unemployment claims.
- Assists in administration of company compensation and benefits programs.
- Monitor, administer and field questions for all union and non-union team members benefit programs and policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent, two to four years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations.
- Experience working in a union environment required. Must possess knowledge of proper handling of the union grievance process.
- Advanced understanding and experience with union & non-union benefit administration.
- Basic competence in duties and tasks of supervised employees.
- Experience in recruiting and staffing.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Proficient on Paychex, Snaphire or similar Payroll/HRM systems
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Commitment to excellence, integrity and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Bilingual skills, in either Spanish or mandarin/Cantonese, a plus.
- Problem Solving–Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Oral Communication–Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication–Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Diversity–Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics–Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support–Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Professionalism–Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items less than 25 pounds
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
06 Mar 2023
04 Apr 2023 10:00
New York, NY
Administration & General
$85K – $105K per year
More details (document)