Compensation Analyst Senior or Lead
UNS Energy Corporation
Job Description - Compensation Analyst Senior or Lead
We are currently seeking a talented individual for the position of Compensation Analyst Senior or Lead. The successful candidate will perform the functions associated with the design, communication, implementation and administration of the compensation programs.
- Administration of the Company's Compensation Program (base and short-term incentives).
- Gather data and prepare programs for annual salary planning and bonus administration.
- Work with payroll to ensure timely and accurate payments are made.
- Assist in long-term incentive administration, including preparation of spreadsheets, dividend accruals, record keeping, award agreements, distributions, and participant communications; interface with internal departments and stakeholders involved.
- Perform job analyses, including interview, evaluation, internal comparison, external market pricing and external survey participation. Recommend appropriate salary grade placement or adjustments consistent with objectives regarding internal equity and external competitiveness.
- Participate in salary and total rewards surveys and analyze survey results to determine the competitiveness of the Company's compensation package.
- Creation of operational reports including collecting and collating data, analyzing that data for pertinent information, and creating actionable reports and/or presentations based on that information.
- Prepare the Company's unclassified salary grade structure. Implement approved modifications to the structure, as necessary, to ensure a competitive posture in the labor market.
- Prepare and distribute communications regarding employee compensation program, including preparation of total rewards statements, drafting and distributing employee communication materials.
- Gather data and perform analyses in preparation for various compliance filings, reporting and notice requirements governed by the IRS, DOL, SEC and other governing bodies and assists in the execution thereof.
- Analyze data and prepare tables for the Company 10-k.
- Maintain compensation policies and procedures, including periodic review of content and proposal of appropriate revisions or additions for approval.
- Maintain awareness of latest trends and regulations regarding compensation and total rewards to ensure program compliance and market competitiveness in support of workforce planning and strategic drivers
- Act as liaison with both internal & external attorneys and auditors with respect to Company's compensation plans.
- Work with Budget Planning & Analysis and Accounting to obtain timely financial reporting applicable to completion of assignments.
- Conduct special studies regarding compensation and total rewards plan design to determine effectiveness of workforce planning outcomes and cost-effectiveness of existing program, evaluate alternatives and assess the desirability of new programs and/or modifications to existing program.
- Perform analytical support work for Rate Cases for Tucson Electric Power (TEP), UNS Electric (UEE) and UNS Gas (UEG). Prepares exhibits and responses to data requests from regulatory agencies such as the Arizona Corporation Commission and related matters.
- Perform analytical work to support fulfillment of data requests from stakeholders, such as senior leaders, board of directors, and Fortis Inc.
- Assist in preparation and analyses of data to support labor agreement negotiations for TEP, UEE and UEG.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and approved processes, and review and document results.
- Self-motivated, possess a strong work ethic and have the ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, time budgets, and work multiple tasks under pressure.
- Perform other related duties as required and special projects as assigned.
- Monitor federal and state regulations concerning compensation administration and related legislation to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Support the work of the department and team.
- This position may provide services to affiliates of the Company subject to the UNS Energy Code of Conduct and the related Policies and Procedures.
UNS Energy Corporation
88 E. Broadway
Arizona United States
From the same organization