City of Centerville Employment
Summer Communications Intern
The City of Centerville, a “warm and cheerful” community with a population of approximately 24,000 located southeast of Dayton in Montgomery County has an exciting opportunity for a Summer Internship in the Communications Department. The Communications Intern will assist in projects related to internal and external communications in the City, as well as day to day operations in Community Resources. Interested students pursuing a degree in communications, public relations, marketing, or a related field are encouraged to apply. The Communications Intern will work a flexible schedule (up to 40 hours/week) from May-August 2023.
- Assists Communications Director and Community Resources Coordinator with marketing and advertising.
- Creates and coordinates content for City social media.
- Assists in City event planning and coordination.
- Aids in community outreach to City residents.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Pursuing degree in communications, public relations, marketing, or related field.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of social media tools and platforms.
Pay rate: $13.00-17.00 per hour.
Position will be open until filled. Submit a resume and/or an application for consideration. Click on Step-1 image below to complete the (optional) employment application. Then click on Step-2 image to complete the applicant information and upload the resume and/or completed employment application and any related documents.
Equal Opportunity Employer