The Communications Consultant is responsible for activating and implementing strategic reputational and marketing communications plans and campaigns across a variety of channels and a wide range of formats, including the enterprise-owned channels (websites, email, direct mail, etc.) and shared channels (social media). This role performs strategic content planning as well as produces, schedules and delivers content for customers, while providing consultation to the business about effective communication tactics. Work is performed with minimal direction with a strong team philosophy. While most of the work will be planned and scheduled, this role also has responsibility for emergent, unplanned communications in response to operational or customer needs, which may include a role in the company's crisis communications/incident command structure as well as on-call social media duty.
Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations, English, Communications or related field and five years related writing/editing experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, software application skills including word processing and desktop publishing, and solid project management skills.
Nuclear requirement: Any PVNGS employee may be called upon to serve as a member of the Emergency Response Organization (ERO) and will be expected to fulfill their obligation as an ERO member. This is a condition of employment at PVNGS. Roles and Responsibilities defined in Policy 1503 and implementing policy guide are applicable to all PVNGS employees.
- Familiarity with Dynamics platform
- Experience in the utility industry and/or familiarity with APS customer programs and rate plans
- Social media experience
1) Consults with internal partners to help the company achieve its marketing and communication objectives . This includes advice on strategy, positioning, messages and media mix.
2) Develops and provides leadership for the implementation of strategic communication plans directed to a variety of targeted internal/external audiences.
3) Directs and produces a variety of communication activities including writing, editing, scripting, producing and distributing media such as external-facing collateral material, direct mailers, emails, social media posts, web content, etc.
4) Designs, plans, processes and communicates accurate, complex information to a variety of targeted internal/external audiences, ensuring on-time delivery.
5) Maintains a broad-based knowledge of business or industry technologies and issues, including specific knowledge of the electric utility industry.
6) Maintains quality standards and adheres to communication plans.
7) Manages resources within time and budget constraints by coordinating the use of internal suppliers, vendors and outside agencies.
8) Maintains appropriate levels of confidentiality.
400 North 5th Street
Arizona United States
From the same organization