C&M Crewman I-IV
UNS Energy Corporation
Job Summary and Responsibilities
Under immediate supervision of Construction and Maintenance Foreman, performs equipment operation and physical labor tasks required in general gas distribution construction/maintenance work. Performs miscellaneous duties including painting meters and regulators, cutting and cleaning brush/weeds from around work areas, assist Foreman and other crews with related duties as assigned. Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- This position may provide services to affiliates of the Company subject to the UNS Energy Code of Conduct and the related Policies and Procedures.
· Uses pick, shovel and digging bar in the process of gas main and service line installation and maintenance.
· Operates excavation equipment relating to construction and maintenance of gas distribution system.
· Locates and repairs leaks on gas distribution system.
· Must regularly load and unload materials and equipment to and from crew truck.
· Maintains truck inventory so that materials are on hand for construction and maintenance activities.
· Paints meter sets, regulator stations, city gates, etc. as needed.
· Operates jackhammer and compactor on a regular basis.
· Maintains equipment and machinery (greasing, oil and filter changes, light bulbs, general cleaning, etc.)
· Assists in leak investigations/pinpointing leaks using probe bar and Combustible Gas Indicator.
· Locates mains and services using a Metro-Tech pipe locator or similar equipment.
· Performs various C & M tasks such as priming and wrapping of steel pipe, installation of tracer wire on non-steel systems (P.E., PVC, etc.)
· Operate company vehicle as required.
· All work will be done according to company safety standards.
· The successful candidate will be required to be trained in the use and operation of, fitted for and deemed physically acceptable to don an approved Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) under certain conditions as required by OSHA, CFR 29 Respiratory Protection 1910.134 and other applicable state and federal regulations. The physical requirement includes successful completion of both the initial and periodic follow-up Pulmonary Function testing as required by law which must be maintained
· At times must work in a blowing gas environment using SCBA equipment.
UNS Energy Corporation
88 E. Broadway
Arizona United States
From the same organization