Clerk of Council Intern
City of Centerville Employment
Clerk of Council Summer Intern
The City of Centerville, a “warm and cheerful” community with a population of approximately 24,000 located southeast of Dayton in Montgomery County has an exciting opportunity for a Summer Internship in the Clerk’s Department. The Clerk of Council Intern will complete projects related to records retention and archiving, as well as document evaluation and inventory. Students interested in a career involving archives and curation should apply. Intern will work a flexible schedule (up to 40 hours/week) from May-August 2023.
- Reviews and inventories hard copies of documents and evaluates them based upon Ohio records retention standards.
- Indexes data and ensures documents are designated for retention or disposal correctly.
- Creates and maintains digital copies of documents.
- Maintains working knowledge of Ohio record keeping laws and regulations.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
- Upholds the City’s mission, vision, and values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Pursuing degree in public administration, history, law, archival or curation studies or related field.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid driver's license.
Pay rate: $13.00-17.00 per hour depending on experience.
Position will be open until filled. Submit a resume and/or an application for consideration. Click on Step-1 image below to complete the (optional) employment application. Then click on Step-2 image to complete the applicant information and upload the resume and/or completed employment application and any related documents.
Equal Opportunity Employer