Circuit Court Of Jackson County, Missouri
16th Circuit Court of Jackson County
Kansas City, MO
All applicants must complete an application to be considered – those submitting resumes only will not be considered.
Circuit Court Of Jackson County, Missouri
|Position Title:||Senior Purchasing Agent||Position No.:||7176|
|Department:||Court Services – Purchasing|
|Work Location:||415 East 12th Street – Kansas City MO or 625 East 26th Street, KCMO 64108|
|Work Hours:||8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.Monday thru Friday|
|Salary:||County Paid Position – Non-exemptGrade 112 – $26.85Hourly|
Salary Range For Internal/Rehire Applicants: – Hourly
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS CLICK HERE TO APPLY; INTERNAL APPLICANTS GO TO EPICOR ESS(The internal application for promotion/transfer may be obtained on the HR ICONon Lotus Notes) Employment Specialist: Tina Thomas. Applicants for clerical positions which require skill testing must be tested for consideration. ALL CURRENT EMPLOYEES APPLYING FOR THESE POSITIONS MUST SUBMIT AN INTERNAL APPLICATION FORM TO HUMAN RESOURCES.
Applications must be received by Human Resources no later than 05:00 PM on 04/03/2023
POSITION PURPOSE AND EXAMPLES OF WORK:
MAJOR TASK STATEMENTS & REPRESENTATIVE ACTIVITIES (Percentage of Time):
(The information contained herein is not intended to be an all‐inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job; other tasks may be assigned. The area to which the job is assigned will govern which duties apply. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities, work shift/schedule, facility, or department to meet business and organizational needs as necessary, including, but not limited to the re‐assignment of employees and positions, elimination of positions, and opening, moving, or closing of facilities and units.)
35% Review and research user requests; confer with users and vendors; determine method of procurement for requisitions normally not to exceed $25,000.00.
· Evaluate incoming requisitions for materials, supplies, equipment and services.
· Research user requests to determine exact specifications, availability, price and delivery by conferring with vendors and users, reviewing catalogs and internet sites.
· Collaborate with department managers to clarify purchase requisitions, identify departmental needs, and refine specifications for future purchase orders.
· Select products by testing, observation or examination of items, and research as necessary.
· Determine if procurement should be p‐card, release order, quote, RFP or bid, according to internal guidelines.
· Ensure compliance to court, state, federal, and local guidelines and to purchasing policies, procedures and internal controls.
· Perform related work as required to include but not limited to serve on teams/committees as assigned, cross‐training for other jobs as assigned, and special projects as assigned.30% Verify and prepare specifications and scope of work; prepare bid request proposals, and quotes.
· Develop list of qualified vendors.
· Investigate and cultivate new vendor sources for supplies and products.
· Write and convert specifications as necessary, which must be clearly stated, contractually sound, and non‐prejudicial, permitting maximum competition.
· Prepare and send release orders, quotes, bid invitations and proposals.
· Prepare bid evaluations, and preside at bid openings.20% Follow‐up on bids, verify invoices with purchase orders and process for payment, talk with vendors regarding unacceptable goods or services, and perform related duties.
· Compile information and records to prepare purchase orders.
· Enter purchase orders and close out in the computer.
· Discuss purchases with vendors within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
· Computer generate purchase orders to place orders for selected goods or services.
· Prepare budgetary costs for future requests.
· Follow up on bids and purchase orders.· Provide project management to include coordinating with divisions departments and vendors.
· Maintaining the project schedule, ensuring quality control, and compliance with prevailing wage.
· Maintain continuity of on‐hand supplies and forms.
· Inspect merchandise for quality and compliance with specifications.
· Investigate and resolve problems involving unacceptable goods or services, which may involve enforcement of vendor contractual compliance.
· Keep abreast of market trends in new products and services.
· When required pick‐up merchandise/goods from local vendors when required with personal transportation.
15% Analyze bids and prepare recommendations.
· Check references of vendors as necessary.
· Evaluate bids by verifying specifications, cost comparison and quality and suitability of goods or services.
· Prepare bid award justifications as necessary, and notify vendors of bid award.
INTERNAL: All levels of user departments and divisions.
EXTERNAL: Vendors, other governmental purchasing entities, Jackson County Finance, and Facilities Maintenance staff.
Provide purchasing services and information, coordinate and provide direction for maintenance services.
PRIMARY EQUIPMENT, TOOLS & MATERIALS USED:
Computer, internet research tools, keyboard, telephone, calculator, copier/printer/scanner/fax, various purchasing forms and reports, both handwritten and computer generated, procedural manuals, vendor catalogs and tape measure.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
(Education above the minimum stated may be substituted on a year for year basis for the required general experience; experience above the minimum stated may be substituted on a year for year basis for the required education.)
Associate Degree in Business, Management, or related field.
Five years directly related purchasing experience, management, or project management experience or related experience.
· Must currently hold or work towards a CPPB certificate awarded through Universal Public Procurement Council or the NIGP-CPP certification awarded through NIGP. Employee must keep the certification(s) current through ongoing training, classes and forums.
· Must have valid driver’s license from state of residence, and provide proof of such.· Must have auto liability insurance and properly licensed/reliable vehicle, and provide proof of such.
· Must submit to and pass criminal background check as prescribed by Courts.
· Employees in this position are subject to random and reasonable suspicion testing for illegal drug use.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(This job description does not include specific physical requirements necessary to perform the job, such as, carrying, standing and lifting. Such requirements vary from position to position and may be determined by the appointing authority)
· Knowledge of modern purchasing methods and procedures.
· Knowledge of sources of supply, price and market trends, and grades and qualities of various commodities.
· Knowledge of accounting principles; some knowledge of expenditure control.
· Excellent phone skills.
· Ability to recognize, investigate, and analyze a variety of administrative problems and to devise effective solutions.
· Ability to apply specialized knowledge to individual cases and problems.
· Ability to organize a variety of demands on time.
· Ability to work independently in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.· Ability to deal with interruptions while completing work within deadlines.
THE COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This page has been accessed 845 times.