Circuit Court Of Jackson County, Missouri
16th Circuit Court of Jackson County
Kansas City, MO
All applicants must complete an application to be considered – those submitting resumes only will not be considered.
Circuit Court Of Jackson County, Missouri
Position Posted Until Filled
|Position Title:||Court Clerk||Position No.:||8132|
|Department:||Civil Records – Case Action|
|Work Location:||415 East 12th Street – Kansas City MO|
|Work Hours:||8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.Monday thru Friday|
|Salary:||State Paid Position – Non-exemptGrade S 18 – $16.89Hourly|
Salary Range For Internal/Rehire Applicants: – Hourly
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS CLICK HERE TO APPLY; INTERNAL APPLICANTS GO TO EPICOR ESSThe internal application for promotion/transfer may be obtained on the HR ICONon Lotus Notes) Employment Specialist: Jannice Okoye. Applicants for clerical positions which require skill testing must be tested for consideration. ALL CURRENT EMPLOYEES APPLYING FOR THESE POSITIONS MUST SUBMIT AN INTERNAL APPLICATION FORM TO HUMAN RESOURCES.
Applications must be received by Human Resources no later than 05:00 PM on 03/31/2023
BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY:
The Court Clerk position is highly responsible advanced work using an electronic filing system in a court within the Missouri State Court System.
- Work involves responsibility for court case processing which may require the application of independent judgment, policies and regulations, and statutes, with minimal supervision.
- Work requires frequent interaction with the public providing exceptional customer service.
- Work may also involve financial record keeping within an automated case management system.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES: (The following duties are representative of this position, not comprehensive.)
- Performs case processing in receiving and initiating case files.
- Performs technical duties such as reviewing judgments, preparing warrants, summonses, garnishments and executions, bond settings, and docket control.
- Reviews legal documents for necessary information required for filing.
- Determines processing required and takes necessary action in accordance with court rules requiring a detailed knowledge of applicable terminology, rules, and procedures.
- Performs accounting duties in receiving and disbursing monies, reconciles financial accounts, and prepares daily and monthly financial reports.
- Provides information and customer assistance in person, via telephone, email or other mediums (without giving legal advice) (i.e., pro se litigants, attorneys, reporters, law enforcement, other judicial agencies, co-workers, supervisors, and judges).
- Prepares a variety of documents related to court operations including court orders, court calendars, notices of hearings, court appearances, or reports.
- Contacts attorneys and other court personnel to resolve technical discrepancies with court filings.
- Assist with on-the-job training for new staff.
- Enters orders, courts dates, pleadings, and other court matters.
- Interacts with the public in a timely and courteous manner.
- Creates and processes copies of official legal documents.
SPECIFIC EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Process new associate & small claims case filings, and alias requests (e-filed and pro se).
- Schedule court dates & create summons.
- Answer incoming phone calls.
- May assist with anything pertaining to Civil Records.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted on a year for year basis provided a high school diploma or GED has been obtained.)
EDUCATION: High School diploma or recognized equivalent.
EXPERIENCE:One year of varied administrative experience performing a wide range of technical office duties.SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must submit to and pass criminal background check as prescribed by the Court.
- Employees in this position are subject to random and reasonable suspicion testing for illegal drug use.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: (This job description does not include specific physical requirements necessary to perform the job, such as, carrying, standing and lifting. Such requirements vary from position to position and may be determined by the appointing authority.)
- Basic knowledge of court procedures & policies, legal documents, laws, and legal factors pertaining to the court.
- Basic knowledge of organization operations, functions, and scope of the Court's authority.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively while handling a high-volume workload in an environment subject to frequently changing priorities, and high stress.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and make independent decisions in accordance with general policy and objectives.
- Ability to maintain a variety of complex records and prepare reports from an automated system.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally, and in writing, in a tactful, and courteous manner with diverse parties.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, and follow oral, and written instructions.
- Requires strong time management and organization skills with the ability to be detail oriented.
- Ability to type 35 wpm, minimum.
THE COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This page has been accessed 472 times.