The Brooklin Inn
Company descriptionThe Brooklin Inn is home to a creative restaurant and neighborhood bar serving simple food driven by local and seasonal produce, small production wines, Maine craft beer, and creative spirits. We aim for a sustainable approach to all aspects of our business. Above all, we are committed to making our business an equitable and sustainable place for all who work here.Job description
The Brooklin Inn is looking for an experienced chef, with a reverence for local and seasonal cuisine to join our kitchen team. We seek creative thinkers who want to contribute and learn from each other. The Brooklin Inn is a tip sharing establishment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with management to create menu items inspired by locally available produce and meats
- Place food orders, and manage deliveries and pickups when necessary
- Implement inventory management systems and manage food costs
- Prepare food for service
- Work the line and cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Must be detail oriented and quality and precision focused
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Accountable and reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team and treat everyone with respect
- Work closely with the management to improve our culinary operations and Back of House systems.
- Experience with high volume production and cost control is a must.
- Previous work in a professional kitchen environment required.
- References required.
- Approximately 40 hours per week (fluctuates seasonally)
- Service Wednesday – Saturday, Inventory + Ordering Sunday.
- $22/hr base rate + a percentage of nightly tips, averaging between $32-42/hr sometimes more!
- Paid time off
- May 1, 2023
Compensationthis position is : hourly, $20/hr +
Application instructionsPlease click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free!DeadlineApril 15, 2023