CDL DriverIcy Strait Point
Icy Strait Point
Work on Chichagoff Island as its home to more brown bears than humans, it's a place where eagles soar overhead and whales are regularly seen just offshore. Surrounded by towering rainforests and set against the backdrop of mist-shrouded mountains, guests can truly immerse themselves in our wilderness environment.
$28.00 an hour and $2000 travel stipend and $1200 contract completion bonus.
The overriding responsibility of a driver is to SAFELY provide a high-quality experience for anyone being transported at the direction of Icy Strait Point. Drivers are expected to be able to provide interpretation and narration for guests departing on excursions and may be required to switch excursion assignment schedules if necessary.
- Conduct all activities and decisions according to Icy Strait Point’s guiding principles: Best, Authentic and
- Profitable Tour Destination.
- Drive in a SAFE, responsible manner at all times and keep all equipment in SAFE condition.
- Deliver a first-class experience to all guests and visitors.
- Follow all directives and regulations for keeping and maintaining buses in proper operating mode.
- Clean inside and outside of vehicles as needed and scheduled.
- Complete pre-and post-vehicle inspection checklist.
- Communicate with the supervisor/manager when the vehicle needs additional maintenance.
- Being aware of the guest count at all stops so you never leave anyone behind.
- Learn and impart knowledge to guests of all that Icy Strait Point has to offer, including history, tours, food and beverage venues, retail products and venues, what’s available in town, etc.
- Assist guests who need or request assistance in getting on/off bus.
- Participate in all required training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- One year prior commercial experience driving a tour bus.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must possess valid Class “B” CDL with Passenger and Air Brake endorsement.
- Certified by US DOT provider as physically qualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle.
- Have or be able to attain First Aid/CPR certification.
- Thorough knowledge of driving/roadway laws and regulations in the State of Alaska.
- Clean driving record with no DUI, DWI, negligent or reckless driving citations.
- Willing to submit to pre-employment, random, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion of drug and
- alcohol testing.
- Adequate knowledge or willingness to learn about Tlingit culture.
- Able to lift and carry 25 pounds.
- Icy Strait Point is a Native-owned and operated enterprise and offers Native Preference under P.L.93-638.