San Diego Gas & Electric
San Diego, CA
Works within the Supply Management organization to maximize the value that is delivered using a category management framework including contract oversight and execution. Collaborates with internal stakeholders, supply chain teams, and suppliers to use continuous improvement techniques to improve internal Business Unit and supply chain outcomes. This role is critical to supporting Supply Management as a value-adding partner to the business by providing solutions to business and operational supply chain challenges, improving processes to reduce total costs of ownership, and maintaining a strategic approach to procurement and supply management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and coordinates all contracting activities for medium to large-scale categories, ranging from $85M to $200M in annual spend. Leads negotiations of complex, high risk agreements, oversees all stages of strategic procurement, contract oversight, review and execution.
- Supervises, plans, manages, and assumes complete responsibility for all activities and processes associated with the categories assigned including directly performing contracting duties.
- Monitors and assesses market of assigned categories to anticipate potential disruptions due to regulatory, political, commercial climates and natural disasters. Develops exposure/impact analysis and implements avoidance or mitigation measures.
- Meets with internal customers to understand their needs, requirements, and plans. Analyzes historical spend trends, forecasting future spend based on demand planning, builds should cost models, calculates total cost of ownership (TCO). Creates supplier profiles and conducts market research to identify new suppliers
- Performs thorough analysis to support the development, execution and management of category plans that identify opportunities for operational efficiencies, drive cost savings, manage/mitigate risk, improve safety, drive innovation, and ensure the continuous development of categories managed.
- Works with Business Units to develop and manage tools to track supplier performance (ex: scorecards), communicates supplier performance metrics to relevant stakeholders on a regular basis, collaborates with key suppliers and Business Units to identify potential areas for improvement. Interprets contractual obligations and manages conflict resolution with suppliers/contractors and stakeholders to drive resolution and formalizes outcome contractually.
- Provides direction and guidance to Business Units on all Supply Management matters to ensure compliance with company procurement policies and best practices. Coordinates cross functional team discussions with representatives from Business Units for stakeholder alignment, Divers Business Enterprise, Supply Operations, Insurance & Risk Advisory, Safety, Tax, Cybersecurity, Audit, Privacy, and Legal on complex projects and contracting issues
- May supervise direct reports and mentor department staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor's Degree Business, Engineering, Supply Chain, or other related field or equivalent training and/or experience.
- 5 – 8 years – Directly relevant experience, preferably in category management, strategic sourcing, other procurement-related role, related analytical role, or business consulting, including 3 years of experience leading cross-functional strategic sourcing teams or other change-related programs.
- Excellent supplier negotiation capabilities (experience managing procurement activities, including both bids and RFP's, for solution-oriented proposals).
- Capable of creating and negotiating the majority of legal terms and conditions without the assistance of legal counsel.
- Capable of reviewing & redlining statement of work documents to ensure responsibilities are clearly documented, acceptance criteria is present, deliverables are identified and tied to milestones, if applicable.
- Cross-functional team management experience.
- Project management experience.
- Contract management skills, measuring and managing supplier performance.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Persuasive communication skills (oral & written).
- Proficient at Microsoft Office programs (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
- We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
- 5-10% travel within and outside the service territory may be required.
- Master's Degree Business Administration, or other advanced academic training.
- Project management expertise in the utility industry.
- A demonstrated ability to attain skill development in addition to work duties.
- Demonstrated analytical ability (using data to solve operational problems).
- A working understanding of utility and/or energy environments, operating procedures, and economics or regulation.
- Expertise with equipment, services (construction, Engineer/Procure/Construct, professional, and technical), sourcing, and project management.
- Professional Certification, such as Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
San Diego Gas & Electric
8326 Century Park Ct
California United States
From the same organization