Capital Campaign Manager
Center for Constitutional Rights
New York, NY
The Capital Campaign Manager (CCM) is a full-time, salaried position and reports to the Director of Development. The primary responsibility of the CCM is to ensure all aspects of the capital campaign move forward. The CCM will support and work closely with the Executive Director, Director of Development, Capital Campaign Associate, other Development staff, the Center’s Board of Trustees, and the campaign leadership in advancing the capital campaign portfolio.
The Development team of the Center for Constitutional Rights is committed to donor-centrism and the ongoing growth of a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization. With a strong concentration on donor-centrism, our goal is for donors to see the Center for Constitutional Rights as the means of achieving their philanthropic goals and as partners in making change. Our aggressive development programs require high-level professionalism, creativity, systems thinking, and a commitment to core fundraising principles and thoughtful planning.
- Manage the capital campaign timeline, pipeline, and progress reports
- Work with the Capital Campaign Associate and other Development staff to direct the timely function of the campaign leadership committees, organize and update capital campaign materials, and ensure the timely acknowledgement and tracking of campaign gifts and pledges
- Make recommendations as to effectiveness of strategies and other work that will advance the capital campaign and expand the department’s fundraising capacity
- Work with the Capital Campaign Associate to administer campaign donor meetings, campaign special events, and other projects
- Assist the Director of Development in training and supporting staff on capital campaign activities and the application of key development principles and best practices
- Coordinate the intersection of workflows with annual fundraising programs
- Manage the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of donor management information in Raiser’s Edge
- Ensure interdepartmental coordination and prioritization of capital campaign activities
- Liaise with Communications Department on digital and print information sharing
- Work with Finance Department tto ensure accurate and timely processing, receipting, and reporting on capital campaign income and expenses
- Assist with other departmental work as assigned by the Director of Development
- Minimum of three (3) years of capital campaign experience and five (5) years of development experience required
- Experience with donor management software required. Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Ability to keep donor information and privileged organizational information confidential
- Exceptional work ethic and organizational and time management skills, including proven ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to anticipate problems and use judgment appropriately to plan solutions
- Superior attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent written and interpersonal communications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Working knowledge of Adobe and Google applications preferred
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- High level of professionalism, initiative, and personal responsibility
- Integrity, grace under pressure, emotional intelligence, and a sense of humor
- Multicultural competence and comfort – ability to thrive within a diverse environment and to work across differences
- Commitment to social justice and the mission of the Center for Constitutional Rights
Vaccine and booster requirement: All staff members are required to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
Salary is commensurate with experience and subject to union collective bargaining agreement. The salary range for the position is $109,191 to $131,975. Benefits include employer contribution to 401K plan and flexible spending account, vacation, sick leave, and holidays, and 100 percent organization-paid health benefits, including medical, dental, life, and short- and long-term disability insurance.
Qualified candidates should visit https://ccrjustice.wufoo.com/forms/capital-campaign-manager/ to submit an online application. Applicants will be asked to submit a resume and cover letter. No phone calls please.
The Center for Constitutional Rights is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and actively recruits women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ and gender non-conforming people.