Job no: 55541NGGJP00012095
Our key client is hiring and looking to add a Buyer/Planner to their team. Please check the description below and reach out to us for more details if you are interested.
Job Title: Buyer/Planner
Duration: 6 months
Location: 40 Sylvan Road, Waltham Massachusetts
Work Type: Hybrid (3 days onsite & 2 days from home)
To manage and support IT Commercial Request and from various business groups that support our business. Interfacing with key suppliers and ensuring we meet our costs and contractual objectives.
- Process IT Commercial requests for Network Telecom, Labor Service, Managed Services and Hardware, and software for various business groups through our Service Now and Ariba platform
- Work with various stakeholders to ensure we set clear expectations of what is required regarding the scope of services or equipment to be delivered and costs to be achieved for our projects and business requests
- Work with our key suppliers to review and negotiate proposals as needed, ensure they meet established contractual rates cards and discounts on equipment, software, and maintenance, as well as ensure proposals meet contractual terms of our master agreements
- Work closely with all our Vendor Managers regarding their Suppliers and Contracts on how suppliers are performing (Network/Telecom, Labor Services, Hardware, Software)
- Experience in working with IT Commercial contracts including understanding key commercial terms, networking, labor services, hardware, and software
- Good track record of building external relationships with suppliers and delivering commercial value as well as improving supplier performance
- Track record of building and enhancing business relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Good business sense and ability to assess supplier proposals for good value.
- Experience in evaluating supplier capabilities to meet business requirements and pushing back on suppliers as needed to comply when costs or performance objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Comfortable communicating with impact to a wide cross-section of the business including senior management.
- Directing/Leading discussions/negotiations, steering agendas, challenging the status quo, and effectively delivering difficult messages to parties inside and outside the company.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A or B.S) required; in the supply chain, finance or business preferred.
- Required 5+ years of experience in contract negotiations and contract management.
- Strong working knowledge of SAP, Ariba & P2P systems preferred.
- Successful completion of professional negotiation coursework preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and extensive subject matter expertise along with contract management experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education requirements listed above.
- The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, specifically in communications across a multi-national organization.
- Additionally, the candidate should be proficient in planning, collaboration, and analysis.
Closes in 20 days – 02 Apr 2023
Published on 01 Mar 2023, 3:38 PM