Business Finance Analyst, Senior
Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Requisition ID # 144482
The candidate will be responsible for managing the financial support services to the Line of Business, serving as a business partner focal for all finance and accounting, including planning, budget, forecasting, tools, and optimization analysis
The successful candidate's team includes program analytical support for high profile Electric programs. Additionally activities include supporting the broader Electric Business Finance team through governance, cost correction, data integrity, and necessary accounting duties.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. This job is also eligible to participate in PG&E's discretionary incentive compensation programs.
A reasonable salary range is:
California Minimum: $ 93,000
California Maximum: $ 139,000
- Planning (Long Term): Develop, advise and integrate the business unit financial plans and performance baselines to meet the Company's long term operational and financial objectives. Help. Ensure alignment with regulatory filings.
- Forecasting (Short Term): Coordinate monthly forecast process and provide timely, balanced forward looking financial assessments that capture current performance and enable nimble, value optimized operational and financial decisions.
- Reporting & Analysis (Historical): Provide timely and accurate monthly financial visibility that objectively assesses performance, and proactive financial analytics that identify opportunities, risks, and associated resolution recommendations.
- Works with Department to develop budget (expense, capital, and expenditures), and monitor, forecast and report on budget performance.
- Works with others on the analysis and validation of the 3- and 5-year planning results
- Provides complex forecasts, tracks and improves forecast accuracy.
- Presents findings and makes recommendations to management or others within organization.
- Performs complex quality assurance on data to ensure accurate data is used in reports, and resolve issues as needed.
- Works on moderately complex problems that require in depth analysis and judgment to obtain results or solutions
- Rate case support – business case development / validation
- Assists in developing and tracking metrics that provide data for process measurement, business operations or risk assessment.
- Informal mentorship of analysts and associates
- Communicates (oral and written) recommendations and findings to leaders and officers.
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent experience or training
- Job Related Experience 3 years
Desired Qualifications, minimum above plus
- Master's degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, Economics, or related field strongly preferred
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Word
- Strong understanding of Accounting principles
- Ability to work successfully independently and in fast-paced team environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication and quantitative skills
- Intellectual curiosity, and relentless drive for continuous improvement
- Experience with financial modeling or forecasting
- Demonstrated success interacting at various organizational levels, from line employees to Managers, Directors
- Working knowledge of SAP R3, Analysis for Office
- Experience with utility finance and accounting
Read the full posting.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company
77 Beale St
California United States
From the same organization