Attorney HR Manager
Our longstanding client, a top midsized global law firm which is both highly respected and known for its great employer culture, is seeking an experienced Attorney HR Manager to focus on this population in one of their main locations while partnering on highly visible projects and talent initiatives globally and for their US population of 2000+ individuals. Working on a hybrid model (3 days in their Chicago office, 2 from home) and reporting into a fantastic Senior Regional HR leader, the role will allow a great deal of impact as well as steady leadership level/C-suite interaction. The firm’s employees enjoy the stability of a very solid and established global brand committed to excellence and continuous, strategic improvement, in which HR plays a crucial key part. An intelligent, collegial, and humble culture fosters their positive team atmosphere across revenue driving and operational groups alike.
Key focuses of the role include:
* Works with Practice Leaders to define and model HR programs and initiatives in support of firm goals and business objectives
* Guides and enhance HR programs and day to day support activity in the Chicago office for the attorney groups, through interface with centers of excellence and shared services HR teams
* Remains abreast of state labor and employment legislation and helps to ensure compliance with all federal and state laws
* Spearheads initiatives to define and action process improvements as needed
* Take an active role in the development and support of the performance management process
* Guides partners in presenting meaningful feedback while working closely with labor and employment counsel and HR teams to review and troubleshoot non-standard attorney HR matters relating to LOA, payroll and remuneration policy questions, secondments, partner moves and retirements, performance management improvement plans, immigration issues, etc.
* Manages Employee Relations issues with the attorney population in particular, as well as other complex situations which have been escalated, interfacing with Employment Counsel as needed
* Takes a data backed approach to guiding leaders on people decisions
* Fosters a culture of continuous improvement and learning by creating two-way feedback channels to best address the needs of US offices from an HR, training, and certification perspective
If this opportunity aligns with your experience, please apply. If you’re already acquainted with our firm and working with one of our recruiting consultants, please contact that individual directly to discuss this opportunity referencing ID#SHPR/220189. Please note that our client is unable to provide visa sponsorship nor relocation for this role.
The SR Group (US), Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.