Associate Vice Chancellor for Campus Operations
What’s next for you is the first priority for us! With over 45 programs from associate to doctoral degrees, South University is a private institution dedicated to providing educational opportunities that spark the intellectual, social and professional development of a diverse student population.
Our 120-year story-past, present and future-is a history formed by the many individuals who have developed the education and spirit of community that have become our pledge to the students, faculty, staff, alumni and supporters of South University. Online and at our 8 locations and 2 learning sites, we take pride in our welcoming environment; one-on-one support and personalized attention that helps students define goals and identify the means to pursue them. Our small classes feature hands-on experiences that not only shape students’ skills and excellence in their chosen fields but also shape their characters through encouraging community involvement, volunteerism and the pursuit of life-long learning.
Visit www.southuniversity.edutoday to learn more about what makes us stand apart as a place to Belong, Believe and Become, a place where you can make a difference in the lives of students eager to learn and grow.
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coverage
With daily collaboration with functional area Assistant/Associate Vice Chancellors, the Associate Vice Chancellor for Operations (AVCO) is responsible for the daily success of all South campuses. With functional leaders at the VC, AVC and each campus EC level, the incumbent will be a key contributor to ensuring the teamwork on each campus results in exceeding budgeted year-over-year student enrollment growth and net income operating results. This individual must possess an entrepreneurial approach and effective functional boundary spanning skills with all University stakeholders to influence, facilitate and support each campus EC team to high performance.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- A key result area is to facilitate the ongoing development of each campus EC team to achieve and maintain high performance.
- Partners with Campus AVCs (and VCs as needed) to assist campus EC teams in the daily execution of campus operations.
- Willingness to defer to the functional expertise of other Associate Vice Chancellors and Vice Chancellors.
- Possess the business acumen and campus leadership operational experience necessary to facilitate each campus to achieve increasing year-over-year success.
- Provides daily campus operational oversight to ensure each Campus Director/DOAAO meets daily performance expectations.
- Ensures each Campus Director/DOAAO meets weekly with each Campus Associate Vice Chancellor or similar role (Admissions, Student Affairs, Financial Aid and Academic Affairs, Community Outreach) to establish and maintain a positive relationship with each.
- Provide input as appropriate to Associate VC’s functional decisions and direction, but primary role is to support and facilitate excellence in implementation and execution at the campus level.
- Partners with other Associate VCs in all performance management matters, but defers to the functional Associate VC in final decisions.
- Ensures effective campus EC meetings occur weekly and attends each campus EC meeting monthly.
- Works closely with the Vice Chancellor for Student Services and Administration and others on campus improvement initiatives impacting student retention to graduation.
- Works with functional AVCs to fill student clinical program cohorts each enrollment period.
- Reviews data and metrics daily to determine daily results and
discuss needed actions for improvement with appropriate campus stakeholders.
- Manage the Orlando and High Point campuses with an entrepreneurial focus achieving budget plan enrollment growth of these two smaller campuses.
- Manages campus maintenance and construction through the Director for Facilities.
- Ensures all campuses have state-of-the-art security and emergency plans with all personnel appropriately trained.
- Plans real estate to right size campus space utilization.
- Replaces, when appropriate, all campus Champion roles.
- Provides on-site backfill for vacant Campus Director/DOAAO positions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree required and terminal degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
- Minimum 7 years in a campus operations leadership position.
- Ability and willingness to facilitate and lead South campus teams to high performance in a matrix reporting structure with other Associate Vice Chancellors.
- Demonstrated successes in operational management.
- Relies on leadership, not title, to influence change.
- Intrinsically motivated with high emotional intelligence.
- Enthusiastic and relentless even when working under pressing timelines.
- Ability to quickly resolve inquiries and complaints from employees, students, regulatory agencies, or members of the academic or business community.
- Ability to effectively and persuasively present information in a clear manner to faculty and academic and campus leaders, university leaders, and public groups.
- Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strategic thinker with an action orientation.
- High level of financial acumen.
- Ability to work with urgency and properly set priorities for self and others. Experience with computerized administrative systems. Proficient with the use of standard office applications on personal computers.
ABILITY TO TRAVEL:
Road warrior. Estimated travel at 50% to 75%. The individual must be able to travel out of the local area as required to support the assigned campuses and participate in face-to-face meetings.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email, video conference, and other electronic means, move about the office or campus, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess.
How to apply
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive
South University is a private educational institution, proudly displaying more than a century of academic excellence. We are dedicated to providing a comprehensive education for the intellectual, social, and professional development of our diverse student population.