Associate Director – Signals Section Manager
Network Rail Consulting
New York, NY
Associate Director – Signals Section Manager
Network Rail Consulting (NRC) is the international consultancy arm of Network Rail – the owner and operator of Britain’s mainline rail system.
Through our consulting services in the United States (US), we are assisting both public agencies and private clients in the transportation sector to accelerate transformation efforts, make step-changes in major program delivery, and achieve leaps forward in areas such as asset management and maintenance, and system integration.
Our work is driven forward by our values: passion, agility, collaboration, and impartiality.
The opportunity with NRC
We have already delivered several key advisory and infrastructure projects across the US and have consistently demonstrated exceptional value to our clients through deep integration with their teams, showing ourselves to be a true partner and peer.
Building on our continued success, we are looking for an experienced professional to join our team as Associate Director – Signals & Communications Engineer based in New York City, New York.
You will work as an integrated team member to provide consultant advisory services in the field of signals, communications, and train control. You will be supporting our clients with proven maintenance, testing and renewal techniques, asset management process and data improvement, development of asset strategy and policies, and the trial and implementation of proven asset reliability initiatives.
- Supporting our clients in operational railway/railroad, subway/metro, and light rail signal systems engineering and maintenance environments
- Building strong client relationships
- Working closely with our clients to evaluate and identify improvement opportunities relating to, but not limited to:
- Signal systems maintenance, inspections, and renewals techniques;
- Asset management processes and asset data;
- Innovative solutions to improve asset reliability;
- Work prioritization and work management processes.
- Providing support to our client with the implementation of signal systems engineering and maintenance improvement initiatives
- Participate in, or lead, technical investigations into systems and equipment failure, or malfunction, as required by our clients
- Analysis of asset failure data and available defect information to identify potential failure modes to inform the clients’ asset policies and potential asset reliability improvement plans
- Acting as a professional leader, mentoring others to achieve personal and professional development
- Writing professional reports, delivering presentations, and representing the NRC brand to all our clients
- Undertake all activities in a safe environment and in accordance with NRC operating procedures
Experience, skills, knowledge, and competencies
- Affiliation with a relevant professional membership body or organization
- Knowledge of technical, safety, and performance standards relating to signal systems engineering
- Demonstrable experience in signal, communications, and train control maintenance, inspections, and renewals techniques
- An understanding of safety management systems and risk assessment techniques
- Demonstrable experience in the implementation of signal asset reliability improvements
- Demonstrable experience in identifying current innovations and/or employing the latest technology to improve the condition of signal systems and associated equipment
- Knowledge of asset data management, such as Enterprise Asset Management systems (EAMS) for managing asset information and work management
- Experience of managing and directing a team
- Able to lead and implement change and improvement initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, communication (both written and verbal), and organization skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and related software programs
- Professional Engineer (PE) or equivalent Chartered Engineer (CEng) qualification
- Prior experience and understanding of Title 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations, including but not limited to Part 220 Communications, Part 233 Signal Systems Reporting Requirements, Part 236 Rules, Standards, and Instructions Governing the Installations, Inspection, Maintenance, and Repair of Signal and Train Control Systems, Devices, and Appliances, and Part 625 Transit Asset Management.
For the right person, this role presents a fantastic opportunity to develop their career, joining an established and passionate team, with ambitious plans to grow and share global best practice with local clients.
We offer great benefits such as:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Relocation support to help you to settle in your new location
- Healthcare insurance premiums (100% paid for by us)
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- 401K with employer matching contributions
- Flexible working opportunities
Network Rail Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.