Associate Design Drafter
Southern California Edison
Santa Ana, CA
Become an Associate Design Drafter at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you'll develop layouts for components and systems and selects material. An Associate Design Drafter designs drawings, calculations, and bills of material from engineering documents associated with the planning, design, construction, operation, and maintenance of the Company's distribution system, and telecommunication system. Performs complex design assignments within a specific engineering discipline. Performs tasks associated with a large project or a number of small projects. May lead a group and/or provide functional direction to other CAD designers and support staff. Provide information and makes recommendations having major impact to the project. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Prepares scaled work order maps using computer aided design software (CAD) such as Autodesk Utility Design (AUD) and Design Manager (DM).
- Draws map(s) using the correct mapping symbols, call-outs, decals, proper tie downs, etc.
- Checks Planner's redlines for accuracy and completeness prior to completing the drafting/drawing.
- Completes engineering functions and calculations based on field information and redline from Planner (i.e., cable pulling, voltage drop, flicker, utilizing station sheets, etc.).
- Inputs pole loading information in SPIDA software based on field information and redlines from Planner.
- Prepares joint pole authorizations based on field information and redline from Planner.
- Inputs customer, project, and billing information (i.e., completes faceplate, verifies allowances, updates labor requirements).
- Consult with Planners and other planning personnel to prepare design drawings and modifications as required.
- Maintains a safety conscious work environment by influencing others to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Three or more years of CAD drafting experience
- Three or more years applying electric utility Design Standards
- S Associate degree in Engineering field or two years in a technical school with emphasis in computer aided drafting (CAD), math, or engineering technology.
- AutoCad, AutoDesk Software, and/or AutoCAD certificate.
- Design/drafting in CAD for electric utility, electrical distribution design, engineering design, or construction work preferred.
- Design drafting experience using AutoDesk Utility Design (AUD)
- Experience working in Design Manager (DM)
- Experience with SCE Design Standards
- Drafting and design practices and related engineering practices.
- Reviewing rough sketches, drawings specifications, and creating conceptual drawings in computer aided design software.
- Finalizing engineering product drawings with critical dimensions, performance specifications, and quality specifications to be in compliance with design standards and procedures.
- Conducting quality review on designs, checks for inaccuracies, omissions, or compliance issues and providing recommendations.
Southern California Edison
P.O. Box 800
From the same organization