Associate Account Executive (Hybrid)
NRG Energy, Inc.
The Associate Account Executive is an entry level sales position for an independent thinker responsible for generating profitable sales on a Regional Sales Team, while building broker/customer relationships. The Associate AE is expected to work on lead generating efforts, renewal support and other revenue generating activities benefiting the Regional Sales Team.
Additional expectations are; schedule initial meetings with prospects and team members, work on any upcoming sales activities including but not limited to research, verifying customer account accuracy, Demand Response proposals, generating accurate contracts, proposal delivery to brokers and customers, tracking and follow-up of outstanding proposals, delivering and closing the sale, obtaining feedback on proposals not won, ensuring contract accuracy, and assisting with broker or customer relationship support as needed.
This position will work closely with Account Executives, Sales Managers and origination teams, to build relationships with customer and broker channels externally.
This role will require developing an understanding of various broker and customer business models, a basic understanding of the complete NRG Product Suite, strategies for uncovering customer and broker needs, strategies for developing trust with customer and brokers, developing sales analytical skills, and building strong relationships with our customers/brokers.
The primary objectives for this role are to develop a track record of closing business with select brokers and customers, make sales calls, and learn to articulate the full value of NRG products and services.
- Execute specific sales strategies and meet or exceed sales goals as directed toward maximizing company objectives and goals
- Learn and work within various systems simultaneously for purposes of pricing, contracting, and executing sales agreements
- Prospecting and identifying customers in a specific geographic territory
- Capitalize on cross sell opportunities with existing customer and broker relationships
- Engage with broker ownership and develop new contacts within existing broker relationships
- Communicate clearly with peers and across support departments
- Diligent follow through on structured process required for specific sales initiatives
- Develop and follow-up on broker training sessions
- Utilize CRM (SFDC) and Linkedin Navigator to track prospecting efforts and revenue generating activities
- Ability to create a new idea or strategy and deliver on that strategy
- Identify opportunities for growth (e.g. ECL data or internal sources) and execute on those opportunities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within the sales function and across organization
- Communicate with Manager about business challenges and expectations of the Account Executive
- Create, execute, and monitor broker business plans, where applicable
- Execute sales strategies as directed to maximize company targets
- Open office environment 3 days per week.
- 50% travel requirement to customer/broker locations throughout the region, to establish, maintain and grow customer/broker business
- HS Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in indirect or consultative sales.
- Ideal Candidate will possess a bachelor's degree in business, marketing, management, or related field
- Driven, hard-working individual with high standards for self and others
- Critical thinker with good judgment skills who doesn't simply accept a "business as usual" approach
- Inquisitive mindset focused on understanding the changing power/gas market landscape and the impact of renewables and other key market fundamentals
- Ability to build strong customer relationships across organizational levels
- Drive and experience to understand energy product and willingness to educate customer and brokers on solutions – always selling a holistic solution to the need
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including presentation and excel skills
- Desire and experience to analyze data and make insights for brokers that challenge the way they think about energy procurement, their business, or our business with them
- Positive professional demeanor and appearance to act as a positive representative of the team and our company
- Desire to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
Read the full posting.
NRG Energy, Inc.
1201 Fannin Street
Texas United States
From the same organization