Assistant to Vice President of Instruction and Student Services (Open Until Filled)
NC Community Colleges
Page County, VA
Associate’s Degree in Office System Technology or Information Systems Technology from an accredited college and 2 years’ experience in field. Keyboarding skills of 50 words per minute, proficient work processing and software application skills and communication skills required.
The individual functions as office manager making independent decisions regarding administrative matters. The person must organize and implement procedures to expedite workflow, complete tasks independent of supervisory oversight, and ensure that the Vice President of Instruction has requisite input and data for sound instructional decision making. The position requires that the individual work well independently without close supervision and with adherence to established guidelines.
- Perform administrative functions for the Vice President of Instruction.
- Receive visitors and telephone calls, handle inquiries, and assign priorities to situations requiring personal attention of the Vice President.
- Perform salary computation and prepare contracts for all part-time faculty.
- Prepare curriculum schedule each semester.
- Assist with registration activities as needed.
- Have extensive knowledge of practices and requirements germane to all instructional programming and maintain vital records as needed.
- Router general correspondence and forms to the appropriate departments.
- Schedule classroom space as needed.
- Maintain a schedule of classes on the college website.
- Perform clerical duties for all curriculum programs to help ensure program success.
- Prepare general correspondence.
- Serve on college committees as assigned.
- Perform other related tasks as requested by the Vice President.
Management and organization skills, and adherence to detailed follow-up are critical to this position. The position requires flexibility and the ability to perform multiple tasks without conflict and in a timely fashion. The individual must be highly motivated and a self-starter. The position requires excellent knowledge of college operations and policies. The individual must have the ability to use provisional judgement in making decisions in questions of informational priorities for the Vice President.
Montgomery Community College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
How to Apply