Assistant Shop Manager- Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA
As Assistant Manager you will effectively support the Store Manager in the overall running and operation of the Melrose Avenue Shop. This role will help to achieve and exceed set financial targets and is responsible for ensuring exceptional customer service levels are consistent through driving a focused and knowledgeable team.
- To liaise and communicate with the Corporate team regarding financial budgets and weekly reports relating to the shop as directed.
- To ensure weekly financial & performance reports are accurately completed and communicated to the rest of the team.
- To ensure that the shop complies with the Company’s Health and Safety Policy. This will involve liaison with the Shop Manager, and the Company’s Health and Safety Officer.
- To have an awareness and understanding of the Company’s disciplinary procedures as stated in the Company Handbook.
- To maintain and increase sales throughout the year and achieve set financial & key performance target by maintain an excellent level of customer service at all times within the shop
- To act as an ambassador for the brand and shop within the neighborhood and be aware of all relevant events and important periods for the market.
- To support marketing on execution of local marketing initiatives.
- To assist the Shop Manager and ensure in their absence, that the department and shop has the correct levels of stock and that replenishment orders are placed, as required, in close liaison with the Retail Operations team.
- To assist the Shop Manager and ensure in their absence, that the shop is always merchandised to the Company’s desired standard and that, with liaison with the Display & VM Department, the shop displays are changed weekly.
- To effectively manage the shop staff in close liaison with the Shop Manager and HR with all matters relating to recruitment, induction, training, discipline and appraisals.
- To assist the Store Manager with the creation of store schedules and management of payroll by approving time cards on a biweekly basis.
- To ensure that the staff are given relevant product training throughout the year.
- To maintain, in the Shop Manager’s absence, close communication with the Buying Office, Press Office and Retail Office, to ensure that up to date and relevant information is relayed.
- Any other related duties as outlined from time to time by the Shop Manager and Upper Management.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum 3+ years' experience in a luxury retail environment managing a team.
- Ability to manage shop during absence of the Shop Manager in every respect.
- Ability to interpret sales related data and reporting.
- Working knowledge of retail management systems and Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with tailoring for Men's and Women's clothing.
- Proven track record in delivering excellent customer service, increasing and maintaining sales.
- Excellent grasp of all retail standards & procedures (front and back of house, and stock management).
- Experience in training associates, recruitment, and performance management.
- High level interest in the Paul Smith brand.
- Ability to be an ambassador for Paul Smith.
- Passion for style and fashion and retail in general.
- Has ability to motivate team; self-motivated & enthusiastic.
- Self-starter with good planning & organizational skills.
- Able to work flexible hours to meet business demands if required.
In addition to the base compensation, this role attracts:
- A generous Clothing Allowance
- Discretionary discount on Paul Smith goods
- Basic medical and dental insurance, disability, life insurance and a 401(k) plan
- Vacation, sick/personal days in accordance with Company Policy
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
The base pay estimate for this position in Los Angeles is $70,000-80,000 per annum but may vary depending on skills, experience and job related knowledge.