Assistant Professor, Educator of Supply Chain Management,
University of Cincinnati
Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors> http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
About UC Clermont
UC Clermont College is an open-admission regional campus located 25 miles east of the University of Cincinnati in Batavia. The college offers a variety of certificate programs, transfer programs, two-year technical degrees, and baccalaureate degree programs.
The University of Cincinnati Clermont College (“UC Clermont”) invites applications for an Assistant Professor-Educator of Supply Chain Management faculty position beginning in the fall semester of 2023.
The Business, Law, and Technology Department at UC Clermont is seeking a full-time, Assistant Professor Educator faculty member beginning August 15, 2023, for the fully online Supply Chain Management program. The successful candidate will serve as the coordinator for the Clermont College Associate of Supply Chain Management Program and teach courses in the program. Courses are taught within the Canvas Learning Management System. This position will be responsible for teaching 12 credit hours during the fall and spring semesters with a variety of online, face-to-face, and hyflex entry-level courses including supply chain management, logistics & transportation, purchasing, sourcing & supplier management, service management, and others.
The candidate must demonstrate the potential for effective teaching, professional development, college service, and a willingness to participate in required departmental and administrative duties.
Those duties include:
- Evaluating and developing curriculum.
- Assessing the quality of the program.
- Serving on college or university committees.
- Participating in University and College activities.
- Master’s degree with a concentration in supply chain management, logistics, or in a field closely related to those disciplines.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of college-level teaching experience, with at least some online teaching experience.
- Related practical industrial experience in Supply Chain Management.
- Applicants must have experience delivering quality instruction using an online learning management system (Canvas is ideal) or be willing to complete required training before a first teaching assignment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present complex material to students unfamiliar with a subject.
- Ability to work and collaborate with individuals from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Quality Matters training.
- 3 years of related practical industrial experience in Supply Chain Management.
- 3 years of teaching experience at an “Open-Access” institution.
Please complete the online application. Only applications received through this website will be considered. The completed application must include the following documents:
- Cover Letter.
- Statement of Teaching Interests and Experience.
- Description of Research, if applicable.
- Copy of Graduate Transcripts.
- Summaries of available Peer and Student Evaluations, if applicable.
- Contact information for three references, two of which should address your teaching credentials.
- Please use the “Additional Documents” option for these documents.
Review of Applications for all positions to begin immediately.
Applicants requiring sponsorship are not being considered at this time.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate’s experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusionstatement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Assistant Professor, Educator of Supply Chain Management, UC Clermont College
Cincinnati, OH, US
How to apply
The University of Cincinnati is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. UC is a smoke-free environment.
The University of Cincinnati offers students a balance of educational excellence and real-world experience. UC is a public research university with an enrollment of more than 42,000 students.