Assistant Professor-Division of Health, Physical Education and Recreation
Delta State University
Department:Health Physical Education and Recreation
Full or Part Time:Full Time
Salary Basis:9 month
The successful candidate shall be able to teach courses offered in the Division of HPER. These may include courses in physical education, exercise science, sport management, recreation, or teacher preparation. This candidate will be expected to teach courses at the graduate level. The faculty workload consists of the teaching equivalent of twelve credit hours per semester and includes time allocated for teaching, research, and service. The successful candidate should have strong interpersonal skills and excellent organizational and communication skills. They should have an understanding and commitment to the use of technology, demonstrated academic planning abilities, and the ability to understand and work with student advisement.
- Teach 12 credits per semester.
- Collaborate in developing curriculum and establishing new course offerings.
- Advise and mentor students pursuing undergraduate degrees in the division.
- Participate in departmental functions and university-wide services.
- Pursue scholarly activities.
- Provide service to the Division, Region, and University.
- Collaborate in program development.
- Work with student activities.
- Perform administrative duties as deemed necessary by the Division Chair.
- Integrate the core values of respect, compassion, integrity, justice and service in all aspects of interaction with colleagues and students.
- Earned doctorate in Health, Physical Education, Kinesiology, Human Performance, or related field from an accredited institution. ABD considered.
- Potential for excellence in teaching at the college/university level.
- Evidence of research activity and scholarship.
- Commitment to interdisciplinary & original research and/or professional practices.
- Commitment and sensitivity to issues of diversity, both within the classroom and in field overall.
- Ability to work collegially, collaboratively and cooperatively across the campus landscape.
- Ability to teach in both traditional and non-traditional formats and settings (studio, off-campus, evening, hybrid, and online).
- Ability and willingness to learn and effectively use instructional technology (internet, instructional software, and Canvas®).
An earned doctorate in Health, Physical Education, Kinesiology, Human Performance, or related field from an accredited institution. Candidates that are ABD may be considered.A demonstrated record of teaching excellence in higher education.
9 monthCommensurate with experience and qualifications
An earned doctorate in Health, Physical Education, Kinesiology, Human Performance, or related field from an accredited institution. Candidates that are ABD may be considered.
A demonstrated record of teaching excellence in higher education.
How to apply
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Click Here
Please attach the following materials:
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. Letter of Interest
3. Teaching Philosophy
4. Unofficial Transcripts
5. A minimum of 3 References with Contact Information
Delta State University is committed to a policy of equal employment and educational opportunity. Delta State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status. This policy extends to all programs and activities supported by the University.
Delta State University is a public institution providing a comprehensive undergraduate curriculum to over 4,000 students representing 34 states and 20 countries.