Assistant Professor Communication Disorders and Sciences
William Paterson University
Department:Comm Disorders and Sciences
William Paterson University invites applications for the full-time 10-month tenure-track position of Assistant Professor Communication Disorders and Sciences within the College of Science and Health and the Department of Communication Disorders and Sciences with a starting date of August 2022.
ABD candidates may be hired as Instructors in Communication Disorders and Sciences with the expectation that the PhD will be completed by the next contract renewal period..
The Department of Communication Disorders and Sciences offers both bachelor’s and master’s degrees. The Department’s graduate program is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
The Department includes a vibrant on-campus Speech and Hearing Clinic that provides diagnostic and treatment services to the community. The department and clinic are located in a new, state-of-the-art building on our beautiful 370-acre suburban campus in Wayne, New Jersey, just twenty miles west of New York City.
For more information, please visit: https://www.wpunj.edu/cosh/departments/communication-disorders/index.html
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching:Teaching graduate and/or undergraduate coursework; clinical supervision is possible based on interest and expertise
- Scholarship:Advancing a research agenda in area of expertise
- Service: Actively participating in the variety of service opportunities within the department, college, and university community including advising and mentoring students
- Earned research doctorate in Speech-Language Pathology (SLP) or ABD with degree completion by the next contract renewal period.
- Demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching.
- Demonstrated research agenda and potential for ongoing scholarly productivity.
- ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence.
- Eligibility for New Jersey Licensure.
- Demonstrated ability and/or willingness to teach in an online environment.
Personal Attributes and Traits:
- Able to commit to working with and developing students to help them recognize and expand their talents.
- Capable of effectively communicating in both oral and written format with a diverse group that may have competing interests, values, needs, and wants.
- Clearly dedicated to teaching excellence and achieving positive outcomes.
About William Paterson:
William Paterson University is the third most diverse public university in New Jersey. As a longstanding member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), we have been designated by the US Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution. William Paterson University is also proud to be designated as a NASA MSI (Minority Serving Institution). The University offers more than 250 undergraduate and graduate academic programs that range from liberal arts and sciences to pre-professional and professional programs; it enrolls over 9,000 students from across the country and from over 40 nations. The University is situated on a beautiful, 380-acre suburban campus in Wayne, New Jersey, just twenty miles west of New York City.
Invitation to apply:
Please clickto view the description and apply for the position.
How to apply
Interest candidates will be prompted to complete an application and submit a cover letter & CV.
Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please email [email protected] you have any general questions related to this search.
General questions related to this application process, please contact [email protected]
To apply, visit