Assistant/Associate/Full Professor Communication Disorders and Sciences
William Paterson University
Department:Comm Disorders and Sciences
William Paterson University invites applications for a full-time, 10-month tenure-track open rank position of Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in the Department of Communication Disorders and Sciences within the College of Science and Health.
Start date is spring or fall 2023.
ABD candidates may be hired as Instructors in this position with the expectation that a research doctorate will be completed by the contract renewal period which starts on March 1, 2024.
The Department of Communication Disorders and Sciences offers both bachelor’s and master’s degrees. The Department’s graduate program is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
The Department includes a vibrant on-campus Speech and Hearing Clinic that provides diagnostic and treatment services to the community. The department and clinic are located in a new, state-of-the-art building on our beautiful 380-acre suburban campus in Wayne, New Jersey, just twenty miles west of New York City.
For more information, visit: https://www.wpunj.edu/cosh/departments/communication-disorders/index.html
- Teach graduate and/or undergraduate courses, online, hybrid or face-to-face as per department need.
- Supervise clinic as per expertise and department need.
- Support students in their academic endeavors.
- Advancing a research agenda in area of expertise; expectation for research publication.
- Participate in the variety of service opportunities within the department, college, and university community including advising and mentoring students where appropriate.
- Engage in assessment of student learning as well as program and accreditation assessment and reporting requirements.
- Attend department and college meetings as required and engage activities of the department.
- Earned research doctorate in Speech-Language Pathology or a related field. ABD will be considered with degree completion by the next contract renewal period on March 1 of the year following hire.
- ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence and eligibility for New Jersey Licensure.
- Demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching.
- Demonstrated research agenda and potential for ongoing scholarly productivity
- Expertise in childhood language disorders but other areas of specialization will be considered
Personal Attributes and Traits:
- Able to commit to working with and developing students to help them recognize and expand their talents
- Capable of effectively communicating in both oral and written format with a diverse group that may have competing interests, values, needs, and wants
- Demonstrated dedication to teaching excellence and achieving positive outcomes
Houses For Sale In Dubai Might Be Cheaper Than You ThinkDubai Real Estate|
Australian private high school enrolments have jumped 70% since 2012 – World leading higher education information and servicesAn increasing number of Australian children are going to private high schools, new research shows. The latest Household, Income and Labour Dynamics in Australia (HILDA) Annual Statistical Report has found an increasing number of students going to public schools over non-government (Catholic and othe
Don’t cut them off: low-performing students benefit from continued access to loans – World leading higher education information and servicesOver the past decade, there has been a growing debate about the value of student loans and the long-term impact of debt for those entering the workforce – particularly for students who struggled to complete their studies. In the United States, where the average student loan is US$30,000 per borrower
5 ways to create a compassionate workplace culture and help workers recover from burnout – World leading higher education information and servicesWe live in tumultuous times which can create an added layer of uncertainty for employees who need to build relationships with students, patients or clients. Providing calm, confident and warm emotional labour can be difficult for people experiencing burnout, grief or compassion fatigue. I have been
An entire Pacific country will upload itself to the metaverse. It’s a desperate plan – with a hidden message – World leading higher education information and servicesThe Pacific nation of Tuvalu is planning to create a version of itself in the metaverse, as a response to the existential threat of rising sea levels. Tuvalu’s minister for justice, communication and foreign affairs, Simon Kofe, made the announcement via a chilling digital address to leaders at COP2
Why conversation practice is key to language and communication fluency – World leading higher education information and servicesWhen I say that a person is a great communicator, what do you think of? As a communication coach for international startups and professionals there is no one size that fits all,especially for those who are non-native English speakers. Many things affect our communication style whether it be language
How to apply
Interested candidates will be prompted to: Complete an application and submit a cover letter
Submission of all documents listed above is required for consideration.
General questions related to this application process, please contact [email protected]
About William Paterson:
William Paterson University is the third most diverse public university in New Jersey. As a longstanding member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), we have been designated by the US Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution. William Paterson University is also proud to be designated as a NASA MSI (Minority Serving Institution). The University offers more than 250 undergraduate and graduate academic programs that range from liberal arts and sciences to pre-professional and professional programs; it enrolls over 9,000 students from across the country and from over 40 nations. The University is situated on a beautiful, 380-acre suburban campus in Wayne, New Jersey, just twenty miles west of New York City.
To apply, visit