Applications Analyst I- Shift
Southwest Power Pool Inc.
Little Rock, AR
Requisition Number: APPLI001416
Southwest Power Pool (SPP) is about more than power. We're about the power of relationships. Our employees have the opportunity to work together to ensure electricity is delivered reliably and affordably to the millions of people living in our service territory. We have been voted one of Arkansas' Best Places to work by Arkansas Business and we are looking for a member of our team who is passionate about our mission to keep the lights on!
We have a core ideology here at SPP that we stand by: Do the right thing, for the right reason, in the right way.
We believe in supporting our employees through a fantastic benefits package:
- Competitive pay with bonus opportunities
- Excellent insurance package including three great medical plans to choose from, employer-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible working environment for positions that are eligible where employees have the flexibility to work from home and come in where collaborative in person work is needed.
- Fantastic contributions to your retirement through a 401(k) savings plan with employer-match benefits and a defined benefit plan fully funded by SPP
Applications Analysts I-Shift are responsible for the administration, monitoring, support and maintenance of computer applications and databases that support daily operations and services provided by Southwest Power Pool. Many of the supported applications have significant economic impact and ensure against loss of life and property. The accurate and reliable functioning of the supported applications is critical to the operation of Southwest Power Pool and its members.
Applications Analyst I-Shift is responsible for applying business/technical support concepts to identify, analyze, and resolve application and usability problems. The position ensures the effective operation of all systems; performs first tier triage, bypass and recovery to mitigate and remediate real time system impacts. The Applications Analyst I-Shift will minimize downtime of end user applications through facilitation and communication with customers in Operations and subject matter experts in IT. The Applications Analyst I-Shift will provide guidance to other members of the FIRSTeam and IT Applications teams based on experience.
The Applications Analyst- I Shift will function as the liaison with SPP Departments, IT, and external vendor staff to ensure that end user and organizational needs are met.
Coordination with the SPP Operations Department management team and staff is expected. The Applications Analyst I-Shift is expected to work with minimal supervision, exercising good judgment in helping develop implementation project plans, prioritizing assignments and resolving issues.
Working on a shift rotation is required.
- Support and monitoring of real-time system notifications and alerting
- Acknowledge and remediate issues and inquiries in a timely manner
- During and after-hours incident resolution and logging
- Multi-task, problem-solve, and demonstrate an ability to grasp complex and highly integrated systems
- Develop an understanding of the business and technical requirements of the systems monitored and supported by the team
- Creation of and on-going updates of troubleshooting guidelines and procedures
- Initiation and coordination of technical problem resolution calls with multiple participants
- Communication of technical issues to Operations and non-technical audiences
- Mentor other team members, as applicable
- Perform tasks or special projects as assigned by the management team or by senior team members
- Continuously monitor IT systems and take actions as necessary to maintain accuracy of results
- Review and recommend changes and enhancements to processes and documentation
- Understand and comply with corporate and departmental policies and procedures including applicable SOC1 and FERC CIP audit controls.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work duties and responsibilities. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences, or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related field, or equivalent work experience
- Effective working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Unix or Linux operations systems, and database management systems
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Once hired gains an understanding of, compliance with and enforcement of SPP Policies and Procedures
- This position requires duties to be performed on a 12-hour shift rotation
- One (1) or more years experience in Information Technology development/support
- Applicable utility industry experience
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to make decisions, interpret data, and problem solve.
- The employee frequently is required to stand or sit for extended periods; use hands to operate a computer keyboard and standard office equipment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds.
- Requires the ability to work and collaborate with managers and employees at all levels to exchange ideas, information, and opinions to facilitate the task.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position. Job requires working rotating shift schedules with long hours. Working extended hours may be required.
This position requires minimal travel (approximately 10%).
Southwest Power Pool Inc.
415 N McKinley
Arkansas United States
From the same organization