Analyst, Financial II
Analyst, Financial II
Job ID: 13032
Phoenix, Arizona, United States2355 W. Pinnacle Peak Road, Suite 300Posted: October 31, 2022
Permanent Full Time40 Hours per WeekCloses: March 31, 2023
7A EPCOR Water Arizona Inc.
Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, EPCOR USA's wholly owned subsidiaries build, own and operate water, wastewater and natural gas facilities and infrastructure in the southwestern United States. EPCOR USA provides water, wastewater, wholesale water and natural gas services to approximately 780,000 people across 42 communities and 18 counties in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. If you're looking for new opportunities, people who care and work that matters, apply today at epcor.com/careers.
Highlights of the job
We are hiring a Financial Analyst IIto work out of our US Corporate office in north, central Phoenix.
We have a unique opportunity for a mid – senior level Financial Analyst to work with our Rates/Regulatory team in researching, investigating, developing recommendations, reporting on proper utility policies, rates, accounting, and economics. The Rates/Regulatory group is a respected and important function within each regulated utility. It is a specific discipline at the nexus of economics, law, engineering and accounting.
What you’d be responsible for
- Reviewing financial data for accuracy and compliance with regulatory guidance and rules
- Preparing and submitting timely and accurate regulatory reports
- Preparing financial information and operational data necessary for filing rate applications to the utility commissions in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas
- Preparing sections of regulatory applications and completing written testimony and exhibits with supporting papers, as well as responding to interrogatories and testimony
- Assist with and ensure accuracy of regulatory compliance filings
- Ensure public-facing regulatory information is accurate and current
What’s required to be successful
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Math, Finance, Economics or Business required. An advanced degree is a plus. CPA is a plus.
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in financial analysis or accounting. Experience/knowledge in Water Utility industry a plus.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills as well as strong communication skills, solid time management and organization skills along with an eye for detail.
- Must be able to multi-task and set priorities.
- Solid knowledge of fundamental accounting concepts and understanding of analytical concepts for financial analysis as well as US GAAP accounting practices.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
Other important facts about this job
As an EPCOR employee, you will enjoy a variety of benefits such as a competitive salary, an incentive award program, an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision and other insurance coverage, retirement plan with substantial company contribution, generous time-off schedules, training opportunities, tuition reimbursement, and certification support. We’ve been voted as a Best Places to Work employer and we value the safety of each of our team members through our robust safety training and celebration of safety milestones.
Headquartered in Phoenix, EPCOR USA owns, operates and builds water, wastewater and natural gas infrastructure and is among the largest private water utilities in the Southwest. EPCOR USA is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of EPCOR Utilities Inc. We invest in and look after our communities and the environment. We’re proud of the work we do and the people we hire to do it.
Please note the following information:
- A requirement of working for EPCOR is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in the United States.
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, driving, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required.
- Clearance on pre-employment drug testing will be required.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
On Team EPCOR, we believe in building an engaging, inclusive and diverse work culture that inspires creative thinking, innovation and adds value to our communities. Our organization is a place where everyone is welcome, and where you can bring your whole self to work.
When you join our team, you’ll find a workplace where all opinions, beliefs and lifestyles matter. We encourage you to apply and are happy to provide reasonable accommodation during the selection process to meet your needs.
Join Team EPCOR
Apply for this job.