All Source Analyst/Chinese Linguist-Entry-to-Mid-level
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented and motivated All Source Analyst with a technical linguist background in Mandarin Chinese to join a diverse, highly skilled team to create unique solutions for complex problems involving foreign weapons systems. With offices across the U.S. engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides alert, cost-effective intelligence, engineering, scientific, and IT solutions.
Job tasks/focus areas include:
- All source intelligence analysis to research foreign weapon systems with a focus in technical areas related to sensors, missiles, and concept of operations.
- Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- research foreign militaries and their weapon systems
- catalog open source material in country-specific databases
- resolve data source discrepancies
- assist in identifying intelligence gaps to influence collection goals
- Writing briefings, papers, and reports to reflect all source intelligence exploration and assessments of foreign weapon systems in a clear and concise manner. Preparing and presenting research findings in briefings to external customers.
- Work directly with internal technical teams and external customers to provide the most reliable, up to date all source analysis on foreign weapon systems. When necessary, provide foreign language translation assistance for all source technical material deemed relevant by the technical staff.
- Candidate will possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in National Security, International Studies, or a related schooling with a minimum 3.2 GPA and a minimum of 1 year of relevant work history. More skilled candidates will be considered if they meet the entire set of qualifications.
- Candidate will possess basic-to-intermediate proficiency in Mandarin Chinese and prior work with foreign language machine translation software such as SYSTRAN or Trados is also desired. Candidate will have the ability to search key technical terms in Mandarin.
- Candidate should also possess social skills, demonstrate strong attention to detail, and have the desire to interact and interact with a highly focused technical team. Candidate will be detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate will currently have at least an current Secret clearance and the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI.
Candidate will be a US citizen, and will be a resident of the Huntsville, AL area or be willing to relocate to the Huntsville, AL area.
- A strong candidate for this position should possess a professional proficiency (primarily reading and writing and to a lesser level listening and speaking) in Mandarin Chinese for combined work with senior linguists. A background in scientific, technical, and/or military translation for Mandarin is also highly desired.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.