Adjunct – Moderate to Severe: Professional, Ethical, and Legal Practices
Grand Canyon University
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an online adjunct faculty member for the online division in the College of Education. Whether students are looking to start or advance their career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas including early childhood education, elementary education, and secondary education degrees, TESOLand special education.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction in an online format, incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction, we’d like to hear from you.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Preferred: Doctorate in Special Education AND valid special education moderate to full severe or special education cross categorical state teacher certification.
- Minimum: Master’s Degree in Special Education or related field and valid state special education moderate to severe or special education cross categorical teaching certification, AND exceptional expertise to include a minimum of two items from the following criteria: 1. Is enrolled in a terminal/doctoral degree program with a minimum of 18 credits successfully completed; 2. Has minimum of 4 years’ experience as a board member on two or more boards related to content areas; 3. Has been recognized with two or more awards for their expertise in content area; 4. Has over 3 publications in peer reviewed journals within the last 7 years; 5. Holds a minimum of 4 years’ experience in leadership position within their respective professional association; 6. Have a minimum of 10 years of work experience in the field for which they would be assigned a course; and/or 7. Hold certifications in their respective content area above and beyond degree credentials.
- All instructors must have a minimum of three years teaching students with disabilities grades K-12 AND at least six graduate level credit hours of methods or strategies or characteristics or curriculum planning for students with moderate to severe disabilities.
How to apply
Before submitting your application please attach the following to review:
- Your unofficial transcripts for any applicable conferred graduate degrees.
- Any applicable licenses/certifications
Since 1949, Grand Canyon University has been a premier private university in Arizona, helping students find their purpose and achieve their potential through landing the career of their dreams, advancing their career, and changing careers. As a Christian university, GCU also encourages students to find their purpose in Christ, with an emphasis on applying Christian values and ethics to the workplace.