Adjunct Instructor – Art
NC Community Colleges
Master’s degree in Art or a master’s degree in a related discipline plus 18 master’s hours in Art from a regionally accredited institution.
Successful teaching experience in a community/technical college or similar post-secondary institution. Experience teaching seated, hybrid, and online courses. Working knowledge of Blackboard, Self-Service, and AVISO.
This is a part-time faculty position teaching courses in Art. Teaching assignments may include day, evening, online, hybrid, blended, NCIH broadcast, and lab-based sections. Individuals who are not available to teach on campus will not be considered for this position. On-campus teaching is required. Additionally, part-time faculty are required to participate in course and curriculum design, development of student learning outcomes, and data collection and assessment. They must also fulfill all other duties and responsibilities of instructors as required, including on-going professional development. Flexibility and a willingness to change depending upon the needs of the students or the institution are necessary.
1. Exhibiting an understanding and acceptance of the “open door” philosophy of Beaufort County Community College.
2. Teaching all programs or courses assigned according to published curriculum course outlines in the Master Curriculum File.
3. Incorporating innovative and creative teaching techniques where desirable.
4. Writing competency-based course outlines, behavioral objectives, and learning cycles for courses taught, and reviewing as scheduled.
5. Developing and distributing syllabi for each course taught.
6. Being responsible for administrative aspects relating to FTE reports, end-of -semester reports, posting grades, and submitting book orders to Lead Instructor.
7. Being responsible for tracking and recording daily and weekly attendance, enforcing the College’s attendance policies, submitting AVISO alerts, and following drop and withdraw procedures.
8. Presenting to the Dean or Lead Instructor any problems, suggestions, and recommendations for improving instructional services.
9. Referring all students to Student Services who are scholastically deficient, consistently absent and tardy, or in need of counseling.
10. Maintaining a high, current level of subject matter by becoming involved in professional organizations and attending professional meetings.
11. Assisting in the selection of learning resources in appropriate subject area(s) and encouraging students to use these materials.
12.Fulfilling other responsibilities as assigned by the Lead Instructor and Division Dean.
How to Apply