Accounting Operations Accounting Lead
Many organizations talk about making a difference in the world. At Farm Credit Bank of Texas, it’s more than talk. That’s because we have a central role financing the ag producers and businesses that supply the world with food, fiber and so much more. And while you’re playing your part helping feed the world, we contribute to your personal success, too, with competitive compensation and a generous health-and-wellness benefits package. You can grow your skills using our online catalog of thousands of training options while working in a modern hybrid workplace located below the bluffs of the Colorado River just northwest of downtown Austin.
We are searching for an Accounting Operations Lead Accountant who will be responsible for the general accounting duties, including the supervision of the Bank’s accounts payable process, creating journal entries in conjunction with the daily and monthly process ing, involvement in the monthly period end close process, preparation of account reconciliations, and involvement with the annual and ongoing update of SOX controls.
Day-to Day-Duties and Responsibilities:
– Review and approve Bank Accounts Payable, including review of invoices from outside vendors, expense reports, invoice registers and BOD expenses/compensation. Also responsible for ensuring all check requests are approved by employees as authorized by the Bank’s Assignment of Duties. Additional responsibilities include new vendor setup and existing vendor maintenance in Accounts Payable system.
– Responsible for processing Concur expense reports for the Bank daily. Also includes approving the Bank’s employees’ expense reports, ensuring expenses are properly classified and reconciling the monthly credit card statement. Additional responsibilities include new employee setup, existing employee maintenance and inactivating terminated empl oyees.
– Serve as liaison to Associations for questions or requests pertaining to Concur Expense
– Responsible for the preparation of the monthly/quarterly Board of Directors expense report. The report is presented to the Board on a quarterly basis for review and comment and is also used in the preparation of the board footnote disclosure in the Bank’s annual report.
– Responsible for preparation of month end accrual entries, including ensuring correctness and appropriate application according to GAAP and that proper documentation is included.
– Maintain the accounting for the various payables and accruals for the Bank as needed.
– Manage and generate the monthly cost billing for expenses incurred on behalf of the Texas District associations.
– Responsible for managing the monthly general ledger account reconciliation review process. This responsibility includes the review and monitoring of reconciliations received from various employees an d functional areas to ensure accounts are reconciled monthly and that reconciling items are resolved in a timely manner.
– Responsible for identification of process improvements and automation opportunities.
– Serves as backup to the Director of Accounting Operations.
– Provides assistance in hiring and obtaining staff resources for the department for areas of direct responsibility. Oversees existing staff, including day-to-day operations and direction and completion of annual employee evaluations.
What You Bring to the Team:
It’s an important role that covers many skills. This position requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration with seven (7) or more years related business experience. A CPA certification is preferred but not required. Knowledge of SOX, including experience in a strong internal control environment, is preferred.
Must possess interpersonal relationship skills and excel lent written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills are essential. Must be able to accomplish accurate, detailed tasks in short timeframes. Overall knowledge of accounting as it relates to general ledger activity and account reconciliations. Must be familiar with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and be able to apply them to the Bank’s accounting issues. Must be able to work unsupervised and organize assigned workload to accomplish all tasks in the time required. Must have knowledge and experience with personal computers, use of Microsoft Excel and Word, and knowledge of other reporting tools.
Why Farm Credit Bank of Texas:
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer comprehensive, affordable, and competitive benefit options that are focused on health and wellness, financial security, and achieving a work-life balance:
– Flexible health-and-wellness benefits, including medical insurance, p rescription drug coverage, dental insurance, vision care, flexible spending accounts, and more.
– 401(k) plan that includes an employer match and additional employer contribution
– Long-term disability and life insurance
– Vacation leave, sick leave, and paid holidays
– Option to use sick leave to take your pet to the vet for emergency services
– Up to five days per year to volunteer in local community organizations, services, or events
– Ongoing professional-development opportunities
– Generous tuition-reimbursement program
– Physical fitness incentive plan
– Employer matching gifts program
Who we are:
We are a $35 billion wholesale bank that’s been financing agriculture and rural America for over 100 years. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, we provide funding and services to rural lending associations in five states and we’re active in the nation’s capital markets.
Important note: We care ab out your hiring process and take it seriously. A real person will review your applications, meaning response timelines may vary. The interviewing process at Farm Credit Bank of Texas may include phone calls and emails, on-site interviews, and requests for portfolios or demonstrations of work. We can’t personally follow-up with each applicant, and we will do our best to create a professional, respectful, and thorough process for candidates with whom we identify as a potential fit.