Accounting and Operations-Financial Planning Analyst
Many organizations talk about making a difference in the world. At Farm Credit Bank of Texas, it’s more than talk. That’s because we have a central role financing the ag producers and businesses that supply the world with food, fiber and so much more. And while you’re playing your part helping feed the world, we contribute to your personal success, too, with competitive compensation and a generous health-and-wellness benefits package. You can grow your skills using our online catalog of thousands of training options while working in a modern hybrid workplace located below the bluffs of the Colorado River just northwest of downtown Austin.
We are searching for an Accounting & Operations Financial Planning Analyst to be responsible for leading the Bank’s effort to compile and analyze the annual operating expense budget efforts. Also responsible for the monthly analysis of the Bank’s res ults comparing the actual operating expenses to the budget for the Bank and each cost center for reporting to select Bank management. This employee will work with the Bank’s accounting and reporting department to drive process improvements to ensure efficiencies in the daily, monthly and annual reporting deliverables.
Day-to Day-Duties and Responsibilities:
– Responsible for the monthly Bank’s budget variance analysis for operating expenses comparing actual expenses to budgeted expenses, detailed purchased services analysis by cost center, and other summary reporting. Efforts will include distribution of select information to Bank management.
– Responsible for leading the bank-wide compilation and analysis of the Bank’s annual operating expense budget process. Effort will include interaction with Bank department management to ensure accurate information is provided to Bank senior management and the board of directors.
– Works close ly with the IT-Accounting senior accountant to ensure required deliverables are completed on a timely basis for the Bank’s IT group.
– Responsible for documentation of the accounting determination for Bank roadmap projects to ensure that project costs follow GAAP accounting guidance.
– Serves as a lead to help drive process improvement efforts undertaken by the Accounting Operations group. Efforts include identification of ways to better leverage existing technologies and systems and identification of ways to automate manual processes. As changes are deployed will also need to ensure that documentation and any SOX control language is updated.
– Serves as Accounts Payable backup, including approval of invoices for payment and vendor maintenance.
– Ensures all accounting and other internal reporting deadlines are met.
What You Bring to the Team:
It’s an important role that covers many skills. This position requires a degree in B usiness Administration with a major in accounting, finance or related field plus seven (7) or more years of work experience. Experience with corporate financial planning and analysis is required.
The ideal candidate must possess interpersonal relationship skills and excellent written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills are essential. Must be able to accomplish accurate, detailed tasks in short timeframes. Must exhibit overall knowledge of financial planning and analysis skills. Would prefer familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and be able to apply them to the Bank’s accounting issues. Must be able to work unsupervised and organize assigned workload to accomplish all tasks in the time required. Must have knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel and Word and knowledge of other reporting tools.
Why Farm Credit Bank of Texas:
In addition to a competitive salary, we o ffer comprehensive, affordable, and competitive benefit options that are focused on health and wellness, financial security, and achieving a work-life balance:
– Flexible health-and-wellness benefits, including medical insurance, prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, vision care, flexible spending accounts, and more.
– 401(k) plan that includes an employer match and additional employer contribution
– Long-term disability and life insurance
– Vacation leave, sick leave, and paid holidays
– Option to use sick leave to take your pet to the vet for emergency services
– Up to five days per year to volunteer in local community organizations, services, or events
– Ongoing professional-development opportunities
– Generous tuition-reimbursement program
– Physical fitness incentive plan
– Employer matching gifts program
Who we are:
We are a $35 billion wholesale bank that’s been financing agriculture and ru ral America for over 100 years. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, we provide funding and services to rural lending associations in five states and we’re active in the nation’s capital markets.
Important note: We care about your hiring process and take it seriously. A real person will review your applications, meaning response timelines may vary. The interviewing process at Farm Credit Bank of Texas may include phone calls and emails, on-site interviews, and requests for portfolios or demonstrations of work. We can’t personally follow-up with each applicant, and we will do our best to create a professional, respectful, and thorough process for candidates with whom we identify as a potential fit.