3rd Party Portfolio Senior Manager [HYBRID] – ID: 71042875
Southern California Edison
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Southern California Edison (SCE) oversees a portfolio of Energy Efficiency customer programs, some of which are SCE-managed, and others are managed by 3rd party implementors. These programs have multi-million-dollar budgets and incentivize customers across segments (e.g., residential, commercial, industrial) to adopt energy efficient measures (e.g., LED lighting bays, heat pumps) or behaviors to deliver kWh / kW savings.
Become a 3rd Party Portfolio Senior Managerat SCE and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you will be accountable for 3rd Party SCE program portfolio’s success in delivering on stated goals by building team capabilities and expectations, assigning programs to relevant managers or analysts, and examining overall portfolio performance. Because SCE is transitioning to the 3rd party vendor model at the direction of the California Public Utility Commission (CPUC), this portfolio, consisting of around $281 million in 2023 budget and contracts with major vendor partners. The Senior Manager will perform continuous and rigorous evaluations of the programs in the pipeline to understand their progress, goals, and any potential roadblocks. This position will also act as a key decision-maker for escalated issues and problems from the program managers within the portfolio, have proficient understanding of the programs in scope but also maintain a strong, credible relationship with 3rd party vendors. This position may become actively involved in daily operations when required to meet timelines or resolve complex problems.
As a Senior Manager, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Leading and assigning programs to group of performance & resource managers within span – including:
- Building capabilities of team and developing rigorous training materials to onboard new talent and set expectations
- Allocating programs to each contract manager as portfolio evolves based on logical groupings of measures, delivery method, customer / vendor overlaps
- Acting as touchpoint and key decision-maker for any internal or external issues and questions regarding programs – including:
- Resolving challenging priorities among programs if present
- Handling Contractor escalated issues needing further clarity
- Reviews portfolio health, including sampling projects approved by program management, and provides SWOT analysis when required
- Five or more years of experience managing or leading a group, unit, or team
- Five or more years of project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Engineering, Economics, or related field
- Five or more years of experience with contractor or performance / resource management (e.g., field force operations, business operations, supplier management)
- Experience in field contractor management
- Experience in designing and issuing capability building materials
- Experience with SWOT analysis
- Working knowledge of IOU-led Energy Efficiency programs and policies
- Experience with energy efficiency contracts
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills to effectively communicate and interact with personnel at all levels.
You should know
- This position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resource pageto get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, hiring process, and more!
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. Reference our Information Guidesfor the following test: Edison Leadership Workstyles (Test #8201). Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.
Salary & Benefits
$145,300 – $217,900
From the same category : manager